The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

I actually think those ratings numbers are quite solid for the 4th week of the XFL.  They still have not dipped below 1 million, even on smaller networks like FS1 and ESPN2.  If they were to stabilize around those numbers (or even a bit lower) for the rest of the season the XFL brass would be ecstatic.  

About the Corona Virus, if any of you guys are panicking about it (due to the media's over the top and irresponsible coverage of it thus far) then keep in mind there is almost zero danger to you from it unless you have serious underlying health issues already or are elderly with a diminished immune system.  I would bet that the majority of Corona Virus sufferers have not (and will never) know that they even had it, chalking their symptoms up to a much deadlier virus: influenza.  Just for perspective, the flu kills 40k people per year, every year.  But we don't get hysterical about the flu because it happens every year and we are used to it.  

I'm not saying its not a concern and that we don't need to take it seriously, I'm just saying that the level of panic and fear I have seen over this virus is utterly unnecessary and counter productive.  Remember SARS?  Bird Flu?  Swine Flu?  In 6 months Corona Virus will just be another footnote in history, just like those other previous outbreaks...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, megatechpc said:

I actually think those ratings numbers are quite solid for the 4th week of the XFL.  They still have not dipped below 1 million, even on smaller networks like FS1 and ESPN2.  If they were to stabilize around those numbers (or even a bit lower) for the rest of the season the XFL brass would be ecstatic.  

About the Corona Virus, if any of you guys are panicking about it (due to the media's over the top and irresponsible coverage of it thus far) then keep in mind there is almost zero danger to you from it unless you have serious underlying health issues already or are elderly with a diminished immune system.  I would bet that the majority of Corona Virus sufferers have not (and will never) know that they even had it, chalking their symptoms up to a much deadlier virus: influenza.  Just for perspective, the flu kills 40k people per year, every year.  But we don't get hysterical about the flu because it happens every year and we are used to it.  

I'm not saying its not a concern and that we don't need to take it seriously, I'm just saying that the level of panic and fear I have seen over this virus is utterly unnecessary and counter productive.  Remember SARS?  Bird Flu?  Swine Flu?  In 6 months Corona Virus will just be another footnote in history, just like those other previous outbreaks...

This is what I suspect as well. I've heard that some people are even afraid to drink the beer Corona, and the store I work at has sold out of hand sanitizer due to the panic, even though sanitizer only kills bacteria and the Corona Virus is--wait for it--a virus.

To bring it back to football, I don't know how much of an effect this will really have on XFL attendance. Hopefully it's not major. If anyone stays home from the games it should be seniors with health problems, who comprise most if not all of the fatalities. If you're in that group I'd recommend cheering on the Dragons from your living room for a while.

Speaking of knee-jerk reactions, here comes Vince McMahon! Or rather, his football league, which he has left mostly in the hands of Oliver Luck--undoubtedly one of the best decisions he made since the Attitude Era. You're getting real pro football on network TV in March, you lucky devils, and tomorrow's matchups are:

Seattle Dragons (1-3) at Houston Roughnecks (4-0), 2 PM EST, ABC

New York Guardians (2-2) at Dallas Renegades (2-2), 5 PM EST, FOX

My predicted winners: the fans. :D Injury reports are here.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Clutchy said:

Is this SJ Greens first game in the xfl? I don't remember seeing him in the past several weeks.

Bummer that Nelson Spruce is still out too. I saw him in the opening game vs Houston and could tell instantly he was a beast

Green made his debut last week, but he was barely on the field. I think Corndog targeted him just once. Hopefully he gets more opportunities this week.

So what are your thoughts on STL at DC? I see you pick them to win handily. So do a lot of other people, but personally I think it's a trap game. 

14 hours ago, Clutchy said:

Picks for this weekend

Roughnecks over the Dragons. 30-25

Gaudians beat the Renegades 16-9

Defenders lose to the Battlehawks 27-15

Vipers handle the Wildcats 22-21

I'm going Houston over Seattle 24-22

Gotham over Dallas 25-12

DC over St. Louis 33-28

Los Angeles over Tampa 23-20

Edited by HoboRocket

I'm picking Houston over Seattle, New York over Dallas, D.C. over St. Louis, and Tampa over L.A. It feels like a strange week though. Anything could happen out there!

f5c5f17f-03a2-46bf-ab3e-5f479f1084e9-zps

Well...hopefully not this.

Edited by y*so*blu

Despite their coach, Seattle's playing hard. The strip-sack of Walker gave them a big opportunity and Daniels took it in for an early lead.

Jacoby Brissett is here in person and has a funny interview with the sideline lady.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 1:09 AM, HoboRocket said:

I believe all of the allocation contracts were two-year deals, with the ability to beging renegotiations and/or extensions following the conclusion of the 2020 XFL Season.

Even then Luck said that all teams will retain rights on these players if they go to the NFL or CFL so they get first dibs on resigning them in late August.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Green made his debut last week, but he was barely on the field. I think Corndog targeted him just once. Hopefully he gets more opportunities this week.

So what are your thoughts on STL at DC? I see you pick them to win handily. So do a lot of other people, but personally I think it's a trap game. 

DC is a mess and the Battlehawks seem to consistent and too strong to lose to a team that's getting obliterated by lesser teams imo.

I could be wrong and I honestly hope I am lol. Cardale being good again would be better for the league.

• Like 1