The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

The Vipers' troubles continue as local favorite Quinton Flowers requests his release from the team. Don't know if it's for legit personal reasons or he's just tired of being a backup to Murray and Cornelius.

News from St. Louis is much rosier. Sunday's crowd of 29,000 drew a gate of over a million dollars for the league.

From day one, St. Louis and the XFL always seemed like the perfect marriage. Both the XFL and St. Louis, are out to prove that they belong on the pro football landscape. Both entities have been told that they don’t belong and that no one wants or needs them. Thus far, St. Louis has proven that they are a town that loves football, and they have embraced their BattleHawks and the XFL with open minds, hearts, and wings.

Oliver Luck was lurking around the agents' seminar at the Combine. The NFL's Nathan Shackleford tweeted some details of his plan for year 2.

I hear Bill O'Brien was very complimentary to Luck in a recent SI interview. Thank you, Bill! That's nice of you. But please stay far, far away. xD

• Like 1

4 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

The Vipers' troubles continue as local favorite Quinton Flowers requests his release from the team. Don't know if it's for legit personal reasons or he's just tired of being a backup to Murray and Cornelius.

News from St. Louis is much rosier. Sunday's crowd of 29,000 drew a gate of over a million dollars for the league.

Oliver Luck was lurking around the agents' seminar at the Combine. The NFL's Nathan Shackleford tweeted some details of his plan for year 2.

I hear Bill O'Brien was very complimentary to Luck in a recent SI interview. Thank you, Bill! That's nice of you. But please stay far, far away. xD

Quite honestly you gotta feel a bit bad for the Vipers in that Taylor Cornelius, a guy who quite honestly was pretty good in college, is most definitely not living up to expectations. 

1 hour ago, megatechpc said:

I dunno, Cornelius made some plays last weekend and had his team at least competitive down the stretch against the best team in the XFL...

They could do worse than Corndog, but I don't see him as the guy they need. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though. The Vipers' talent has to overcome their bad luck at some point.

Houston at Dallas is what I'm most looking forward to. I still love watching the old Battle for Texas, but the new one should be magical. I would be looking forward to LA at NY, but it's hard to be optimistic after last week. The Wildcats are eminently beatable, but the Guardians might not win another game all season if they don't get their act together.

St. Louis plays in the Dome again, this time vs the Dragons. I like their chances.

34 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

They could do worse than Corndog, but I don't see him as the guy they need. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though. The Vipers' talent has to overcome their bad luck Head Coach at some point.

FTFY!

Houston at Dallas is gonna be a legit football game, I agree!  I'm still not entirely confident in Landry Jones but these are both two really good football teams.  I actually think the Wild Cats are a MUCH better team than their record indicates.  Josh Johnson has improved mightily over the past two weeks and he has found a great rhythm with Tre McBride (not to mention also having the second-best WR in the league in Nelson Spruce)!  

11 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

They could do worse than Corndog, but I don't see him as the guy they need. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though. The Vipers' talent has to overcome their bad luck at some point.

Not gonna lie, if Taylor Corenlius can be one of the best CFB QB's in his last year of college but hes playing pathetic here. We need to start looking at exactly why and I'm pretty sure it's trestman

XFL should target JUCO players as well, lots of good JUCO players who aim for good schools but get places like North Texas and New Mexico, pretty sure they'd prefer to be on TV with the XFL. (another thing too, a lot of players desire the fame and dont get noticed due to their smaller programs not being on tv, target those smaller programs when it comes to players)

• Like 2

Los Angeles Wildcats (1-2) at New York Guardians (1-2), 2 PM EST, ABC

Seattle Dragons (1-2) at St. Louis Battlehawks (2-1), 5 PM EST, FOX

The first few minutes of the game were interrupted by a news broadcast, but now we're good to go. Several minutes into the first quarter and NY is driving down the field with Luis Perez at the helm. The running game looks a little better. Perez and the receivers aren't quite on the same page yet, but we get a 51-yard field goal out of it. No shutout this week. ^_^

1 minute ago, y*so*blu said:

Los Angeles Wildcats (1-2) at New York Guardians (1-2), 2 PM EST, ABC

Seattle Dragons (1-2) at St. Louis Battlehawks (2-1), 5 PM EST, FOX

The first few minutes of the game were interrupted by a news broadcast, but now we're good to go. Several minutes into the first quarter and NY is driving down the field with Luis Perez at the helm. The running game looks a little better. Perez and the receivers aren't quite on the same page yet, but we get a 51-yard field goal out of it. No shutout this week. ^_^

Team clicking a bit better

Perez with the constant checkdown, following him from his AAF days, I don't know why hes so scared to sling it, he's quite accurate.

1 minute ago, Drained said:

I really do not know why they did that

The thing with Marquise? I think they wanted to fake a run and have him find a guy in the end zone. But the shorter play clock forced them to snap before they were ready, the play broke down, and Williams really did have to run.

14 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

The thing with Marquise? I think they wanted to fake a run and have him find a guy in the end zone. But the shorter play clock forced them to snap before they were ready, the play broke down, and Williams really did have to run.

I would have put my trust in the arm of Perez, he doesnt get it, that's okay, game tied. He does? Keep the momentum going.

He's playing well right now but that could have been a big momentum shaker had he been thrown to and not caught the ball.