The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

Yeah, everybody's been worrying about bad QB play being the ultimate cause of the XFL's eventual demise but my biggest concern is how in the heck they are going to be able to hold on to the great players they ARE developing right now?  Just these first 3 weeks have proven (to me at least) that there ARE plenty of quality pro football players out there to support a developmental league like this, but if every one of them that becomes an XFL star immediately jumps ship to the NFL, where does that leave Vince's league???

2 hours ago, megatechpc said:

Yeah, everybody's been worrying about bad QB play being the ultimate cause of the XFL's eventual demise but my biggest concern is how in the heck they are going to be able to hold on to the great players they ARE developing right now?  Just these first 3 weeks have proven (to me at least) that there ARE plenty of quality pro football players out there to support a developmental league like this, but if every one of them that becomes an XFL star immediately jumps ship to the NFL, where does that leave Vince's league???

I was thinking this too. I'm sure the younger XFL stars would gladly move up to the NFL for a shot at the big league. But I could see a lot of 30+ year old players sign with the XFL (as opposed to let's say the CFL, like Chad Ochocinco did). I think for some guys, their pride is worth more than the money. So maybe a guy like Dez Bryant would rather be one of the faces of the XFL for 4-5 years than be 5th on an NFL depth chart. If the XFL is a developmental league, having an influx of NFL veterans would benefit the league in 2 ways: 1) Speed up the development for some of the younger guys, and 2) Improve the calibre of play. It would also increase its popularity, which would lead to more revenue and higher player salaries.

• Like 3

Well, in week 3, 5 QBs have cemented their status as starters, IMHO. 

PJ Walker owns the XFL.

Cardale Jones had an awful game (actually ended up handing me the W in fantasy by scoring negative points on my opponent's team), but he played lights-out football in the first two weeks and by his demeanor on the sidelines and how he kept encouraging his team... Let's just say he's not exactly a New York Guardian.

Jordan Ta'Amu didn't have to do much in a dominant win, but with his composure, mobility, and ability to step up and fire darts... He's a clear-cut top-3 XFL QB.

Josh Johnson was extremely impressive in the second-half of week 2 after he shook off some rust in the first half, and he continued that momentum with a statement win against the Defenders. Johnson was nothing short of great, with his ability to see the field and consistently find targets downfield.

Landry Jones is undefeated as an XFL starter, and it was apparent last week that he adds another dimension to this Renegades offense. Even when he misses, he's a winner with really impressive awareness and improved accuracy in comparison to his NFL pre-season days. You can definitely tell that he's learned a lot in his time away from the Steelers organization.

To add to that, Luis Perez added a spark to a dormant Guardians offense, so I figure he'll get a shot next week. Brandon Silvers continues to exceed expectations, but the state of his team and their record leaves me questioning whether or not Seattle will eventually look to upgrade the position. Taylor Cornelius and Quinton Flowers made a nice tandem in Tampa Bay, and the team looked much improved against a really tough opponent, so props to Marc Trestman for guiding those guys to 28 points against the best team in the league. Even though they lost, it was a bit of a moral victory, so we'll see if they can start to generate any momentum and begin to rack up wins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

To add to that, Luis Perez added a spark to a dormant Guardians offense, so I figure he'll get a shot next week. Brandon Silvers continues to exceed expectations, but the state of his team and their record leaves me questioning whether or not Seattle will eventually look to upgrade the position. Taylor Cornelius and Quinton Flowers made a nice tandem in Tampa Bay, and the team looked much improved against a really tough opponent, so props to Marc Trestman for guiding those guys to 28 points against the best team in the league. Even though they lost, it was a bit of a moral victory, so we'll see if they can start to generate any momentum and begin to rack up wins.

I been saying this tbh... He has a big preference for check downs which is mainly the issue of him ALWAYS relying on his first read which is no bueno but when he wants to let it go and fire down field he's accurate. Sucks that hes been thrown around this early in this league while people like Cornelius Taylor have starting jobs lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drained said:

Expecting a drop-off next week honestly. STL showed up big this week.

And LA barely showed up. Goes both ways;)

But NY isn't any better in that regard. It probably will go down but not by some significant margin. Either way, the XFL is doing way better then a lot of people thought and more then probably all professional football leagues before it (obviously not including the NFL).

TV ratings will probably be out tomorrow

Edited by ILoveTheVikings
  • Like 2