The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

Back! Got home just in time for Dallas and Seattle. ^_^

I saw an NCAA ad that should have been an XFL ad; it pointed out that only a tiny percentage of college athletes make it to the professionals. Anything that gives them another opportunity is a great idea.

Dallas unintentionally executed the XFL's second double forward pass; the ball was batted back into Landry Jones' hand and he threw it again for a big completion. How lucky can you get?

Seattle strikes back by intercepting a bobbled pass near their own goalline. Then they drive all the way downfield for a TD pass to RB Kenneth Farrow who, as usual, is playing injured. Landry is picked off again  on an underthrown ball near the end of the half. Seattle's secondary is one of the most opportunistic in the league. A solid first half.

• Like 2

Hey guys. I was away from home today, but I caught all of the Houston-Tampa game until after the 4th quarter turnover on downs at the goal-line. Then my phone died. The Vipers looked MUCH better this week. Cam Phillips was simply unstoppable against the league's (former) top defense. Thrilling game until almost the very end, it seems. I was super impressed by Phillips, was wondering how long it would take the media to catch on that he, not Sammie Coates, is the Roughnecks' #1 receiver. Well, they know now.

• Like 3

Why do leagues keep putting teams in Tampa Bay? Nobody in Tampa cares about sports. The Bucs are consistently in the bottom 3-5 in attendance every year and the Rays sell $1 tickets just to get people to show up at games. How on earth did the XFL stumble into using them as one of the eight teams for their new league.

The 5th and 6th ranked viewership cities for XFL are Cleveland and Columbus and they dont even have a team in Ohio

MIDWEEK Player Power Rankings (Top 8) (Week 3):

QBs: PJ Walker, Cardale Jones, Jordan Ta'Amu, Landry Jones, Josh Johnson, Brandon Silvers, Marquise Williams, Quinton Flowers

RBs: Cameron Artis-Payne, Lance Dunbar, DeVeon Smith, Donnel Pumphrey, Trey Williams, Tim Cook, Jaques Patrick, Kenneth Farrow

WRs: Nelson Spruce, Eli Rogers, Cam Phillips, Rashad Ross, Austin Proehl, Dan Williams, De'Mornay Pierson-El, L'Damian Washington

Note: Players who haven't played a snap aren't factored into these rankings

Jeff Badet, Mekale McKay, and Elijah Hood are on the fringe

Edited by HoboRocket