The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

Dallas TE Donald Farham was limited in Friday's practice. Hopefully he's good to go because they'll need him. The Texas Throwdown is just an hour away!

Houston Roughnecks (3-0) at Dallas Renegades (2-1), 4 PM EST, FS1

D.C. Defenders (2-1) at Tampa Bay Vipers (0-3), 7 PM EST, ESPN2

Houston is my pick but Dallas could surprise us. Tampa Bay will be looking for their first win against the Defenders, who will try to get back on track after their blowout loss to L.A.

• Like 1

Coates keeps finding new ways to not complete catches.

Dallas' defense is holding up early. They're stopping Houston in the red zone, which is almost impossible. But if Jones keeps turning the ball over like this, it's going to be a LONG day for them.

Cameron Artis-Payne runs over his own OC Hal Mumme on the sideline. Now that's great TV. xD

XFL refs don't always get the calls right but they are willing to pick up flags, which is good to see. Also good to see Dallas settling down and making a game out of this. I was sure Landry would get benched after the third pick, but they kept him in and he's continued to fight. I respect that.

And the broadcast from Globe Life is much better than it was in Week 1, including audio. You can actually hear the crowd.

Landry converts a 4th down but comes up favoring the same knee he injured in camp. Hopefully it's just a tweak. Phillip Nelson has to come in and take over for him. He's helped down the field by several Roughnecks penalties, but there's a turnover near the goalline! Houston's got it! They run out the clock, and that's all she wrote. What a game.

This game is ALL VIPERS. They can just run a Gus Malzahn-style offense all day with bubble screens to Ryan Davis, Daniel Williams, and Reece Horn, and then continue to pound the football with DeVeon Smith and Jaques Patrick. Though, I will say that it's working better than whatever Trestman was doing. It's nice to see that he handed playcalling over to an assistant.

Cardale had so much more energy last week but had the turnovers. Today, the DC offense as a whole looks like it doesn't have confidence. They need to hit on a deep shot.

The Vipers are flat-out bullying D.C. Not at all what I expected to see, but I'm happy for them and their fans.

@dtait93 @Malfatron I'm talking to a member of XFLboard who will be asking questions at the Vipers' postgame presser. If you have any, I'll be glad to pass them on!

post any questions to ask at the post game press conference here and I will pick the best. Usually coach and at least Taylor Cornelius will be there. I also expect Jacques Patrick.

6 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

The Vipers are flat-out bullying D.C. Not at all what I expected to see, but I'm happy for them and their fans.

@dtait93 @Malfatron I'm talking to a member of XFLboard who will be asking questions at the Vipers' postgame presser. If you have any, I'll be glad to pass them on!

Ask him when we're firing Trestman's bum ***

Edited by dtait93
grammar