Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Will that address Cook running for under 4 yards per carry for half the year? Definelty need an OG.

Reiff could move inside. I would think Bradbury and Samia are better in year 2.

I don't know what to expect from Cook. I'd rather see us run him like crazy this season and then just move on from him.

The Vikings have added to their linebackers group, the team announced Wednesday. Minnesota agreed to terms with free agent DeMarquis Gates, who most recently played for the XFL's Houston Roughnecks.

He initially joined the Browns in 2018 as an undrafted free agent but was released. He then played for Memphis Express of the Alliance of American Football. Gates led the AAF with 52 tackles and five forced fumbles through eight games before the league folded. In April 2019, Gates signed with the Redskins but was waived in June.

Gates played at Ole Miss from 2014-17, leading the Rebels in tackles each of his final three seasons. As a senior, he became the first Ole Miss player to record more than 100 tackles since five-time All-Pro Patrick Willis accomplished the feat in 2006. Gates' 70 solo tackles in 2017 topped the SEC and put him at 13th-best in FBS. His 9.5 tackles per game ranked third in the conference.

https://www.vikings.com/news/demarquis-gates-5-things-to-know-about-new-vikings-lb?fbclid=IwAR1MiYgMyrZCtYazBx-8cPMuxmrXg5uge_dICrAWk3zv1amhEmJdFXnOlX0

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Reiff could move inside. I would think Bradbury and Samia are better in year 2.

I don't know what to expect from Cook. I'd rather see us run him like crazy this season and then just move on from him.

Bradbury sure as hell better be better year two, but yeah that would work great if Reiff can pull it off, with his athletic ability that is a plus just can he handle the power or not.

Just now, vike daddy said:

The Vikings have added to their linebackers group, the team announced Wednesday. Minnesota agreed to terms with free agent DeMarquis Gates, who most recently played for the XFL's Houston Roughnecks.

He initially joined the Browns in 2018 as an undrafted free agent but was released. He then played for Memphis Express of the Alliance of American Football. Gates led the AAF with 52 tackles and five forced fumbles through eight games before the league folded. In April 2019, Gates signed with the Redskins but was waived in June.

Gates played at Ole Miss from 2014-17, leading the Rebels in tackles each of his final three seasons. As a senior, he became the first Ole Miss player to record more than 100 tackles since five-time All-Pro Patrick Willis accomplished the feat in 2006. Gates' 70 solo tackles in 2017 topped the SEC and put him at 13th-best in FBS. His 9.5 tackles per game ranked third in the conference.

https://www.vikings.com/news/demarquis-gates-5-things-to-know-about-new-vikings-lb?fbclid=IwAR1MiYgMyrZCtYazBx-8cPMuxmrXg5uge_dICrAWk3zv1amhEmJdFXnOlX0

Gates is nothing special other than a special teams gunner, he was nothing great but was the best LB on a bad Ole Miss take a few years back.  Decent athletic ability and can hit, nice cheap pickup for them and a potential special teams dude if he makes the roster.  

Would be sweet if we trade Anthony Harris for Trent Williams.  Then could easily draft Delpit or McKinney or better yet Winfield 1st round to fill that safety hole.  They also talk of Reiff moving inside to OG which I am not sold on but they know more about it.  

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/28/report-vikings-have-shown-interest-in-trading-for-trent-williams/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverickTony&fbclid=IwAR1tIlX_XKDX7IbN0hXc6QLEGcCmuxKx6inBpEjuvzWn3NxGPzxFrUS0ezI

AdolescentAnotherIberiannase-max-1mb.gif

Would not mind this OL at all, and if Williams is healthy it would be amazing.  

LT:  T. Williams, Hill
LG: Reiff, Dozier
C:  Bradbury, Elflein, Jones
RG: Samia, Elflein, Collins
RT: B. O'Neill, Udoh, Collins

• Like 2

The Vikings on Wednesday announced that they have agreed to terms with defensive end Anthony Zettel. Zettel is listed at 6-foot-4 and 275 pounds.

Zettel was a 2016 sixth-round draft pick of the Lions. He played in 29 career games with Detroit in 2016 and 2017, starting 16 games and recording 7.5 total sacks in that time. He also had a forced fumble and a fumble recovery in his time with Detroit.

Zettel's best game as a pro came in 2017 against the Vikings at U.S. Bank Stadium. He recorded a pair of sacks — the only multi-sack game of his career — as he got to former Vikings quarterback Case Keenum in the second and third quarter. He also recovered a fumble in a 14-7 Detroit win.

https://www.vikings.com/news/anthony-zettel-5-things-to-know-about-new-vikings-de?fbclid=IwAR1v64_HvxvRVBOlPQL12m6Ft4yAingePfbtD82a_rFGxEUAnPYDcYoVNY8

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Bradbury sure as hell better be better year two, but yeah that would work great if Reiff can pull it off, with his athletic ability that is a plus just can he handle the power or not.

Gates is nothing special other than a special teams gunner, he was nothing great but was the best LB on a bad Ole Miss take a few years back.  Decent athletic ability and can hit, nice cheap pickup for them and a potential special teams dude if he makes the roster.  

Would be sweet if we trade Anthony Harris for Trent Williams.  Then could easily draft Delpit or McKinney or better yet Winfield 1st round to fill that safety hole.  They also talk of Reiff moving inside to OG which I am not sold on but they know more about it.  

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/28/report-vikings-have-shown-interest-in-trading-for-trent-williams/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverickTony&fbclid=IwAR1tIlX_XKDX7IbN0hXc6QLEGcCmuxKx6inBpEjuvzWn3NxGPzxFrUS0ezI

AdolescentAnotherIberiannase-max-1mb.gif

Would not mind this OL at all, and if Williams is healthy it would be amazing.  

LT:  T. Williams, Hill
LG: Reiff, Dozier
C:  Bradbury, Elflein, Jones
RG: Samia, Elflein, Collins
RT: B. O'Neill, Udoh, Collins

Even if Harris is traded, I am not sure they can afford Williams and Reiff on that line, unless Reiff takes a big paycut. I think we can expect Williams to get about $15-$16 million at the least if his ask of $20m is true. Trading Harris and acquiring Williams likely adds $4m. Cutting Reiff or renegotiating makes it feasible.

I’d rather draft an OT with upside than go after Trent Williams.  If we can find another Brian O’Neil in the 2nd that would be greaaat. 

Kicking Reiff inside to guard is something that is being thrown around way too much right now. No thanks. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

I’d rather draft an OT with upside than go after Trent Williams.  If we can find another Brian O’Neil in the 2nd that would be greaaat. 

Kicking Reiff inside to guard is something that is being thrown around way too much right now. No thanks. 

I'm surprised theres not much talk about O'Neil being moved to LT. I'd feel a lot better starting a rookie at RT than LT. 

6 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Exactly! This is an insanely good tackle class. It's our chance to get a good, young, cheap LT. Let's not trade assets and use cap space on a 32 year old that hasn't played in a year.

1 minute ago, AWinfield26 said:

I'm surprised theres not much talk about O'Neil being moved to LT. I'd feel a lot better starting a rookie at RT than LT. 

I don't disagree, but he's been the best, steadiest part of our OL. In my opinion he's the only non-question mark we have. I'd rather leave him be and know we have one position solved than try to switch him to LT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AWinfield26 said:

True I think he could play LT with how athletic he is, and if they like Udoh a lot then it works completely.  Not sold to have this be the starting OL though, they need another quality player and Udoh I doubt is ready to be a starter.  Maybe if Collins is ready to start at guard but not sure that would happen and he is more a OT possibly but is a little short.

LT O'Neill, Hill, Dozier
LG Samia
C Bradbury, Jones
RG Elflein, Collins
RT Udoh, Hill, Collins

I know we have a need at CB but would you guys be against using our 2 first rounders on OL? Unless of course we resign Kline. How can we go into next season with Elflien and Samia (0 Starts) as our guards. I'm still shocked Reiff who, yes been serviceable but nothing special, has not been cut given our cap situation. I mean this has be a weakness of the team for 10 years now. The last good oline we had was what 2009-2010. I would not be surprised to see Ruiz and one of the OTs selected at 22 and 25. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AWinfield26 said:

I know we have a need at CB but would you guys be against using our 2 first rounders on OL? Unless of course we resign Kline. How can we go into next season with Elflien and Samia (0 Starts) as our guards. I'm still shocked Reiff who, yes been serviceable but nothing special, has not been cut given our cap situation. I mean this has be a weakness of the team for 10 years now. The last good oline we had was what 2009-2010. I would not be surprised to see Ruiz and one of the OTs selected at 22 and 25. 

If we could come away with Ruiz and Josh Jones I would be a happy guy.

• Like 1