GDT: Definitely America’s Team at Chiefs

titans0021

Every analytic known to the NFL says don't pay RBs a lot of money.

Offense still scores a ton with a limited or even without Henry.

And then the greatest defensive mind of our generation and maybe ever says: Let Henry run on us, stop Tannehill.

Titans fans: Pay Henry a top tier contract

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

So teams play to stop Henry but even when Henry isn't there Tannehill still put points on the board..hmm...

Jesus christ KT. First the "pay a RB a lot of money" now "QB winz"?

Please don't.

And I totally forgot I could add the Raiders game in too to showcase how good his performances are in the "gimped or no Henry" games.

I WANT IT ALLLLLLLLL!!!  MUAAHHHHH HA HAA HAA!! :)

I want to field the best team. 
To me, Henry equals fielding the best team we can get. 

Does anyone think our offensive line can transform into a line where we can pass block majority of the time?  We are a power running line, in my opinion. You need a power type back to run it. Henry fits that mold. He has gotten better every year. He is a hard worker.

You want your best players to be your hardest worker. I can see him taking a week off and then hitting it getting ready for the new season. Become a better pass threat might be his goal. 

I dunno, I don't we win with just any RB and Tanny back there.  Henry/Tanny feed off each other.

Get rid of Tanny, then yeah go head and get rid of Henry. Then change the whole offensive approach.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Every analytic known to the NFL says don't pay RBs a lot of money.

aOffense still scores a ton with a limited or even without Henry.

And then the greatest defensive mind of our generation and maybe ever says: Let Henry run on us, stop Tannehill.

Titans fans: Pay Henry a top tier contract

giphy.gif

Pay Henry, keep this team together.

Not break up the Platinum band or try to replace the lead singer with someone you found off America's Got Talent. lol

Just now, KingTitan said:

I WANT IT ALLLLLLLLL!!!  MUAAHHHHH HA HAA HAA!! :)

I want to field the best team. 
To me, Henry equals fielding the best team we can get. 

Does anyone think our offensive line can transform into a line where we can pass block majority of the time?  We are a power running line, in my opinion. You need a power type back to run it. Henry fits that mold. He has gotten better every year. He is a hard worker.

You want your best players to be your hardest worker. I can see him taking a week off and then hitting it getting ready for the new season. Become a better pass threat might be his goal. 

I dunno, I don't we win with just any RB and Tanny back there.  Henry/Tanny feed off each other.

Get rid of Tanny, then yeah go head and get rid of Henry. Then change the whole offensive approach.

Fielding the best team is definitely ideal.

And if we had unlimited money, sure, throw some at Henry.

But we don't.

And we have a top 10 pass blocking OL according to both PFF and ESPN's pass blocking efficiency/win ratings.

Speaking of that OL, though, we need to pay Conklin to keep it together on top of paying Tannehill. Getting Logan Ryan back would be ideal. You spend that 13 mil among those instead of Henry and maybe go out and get a pass rusher or something in FA(I have no idea which pass rushers are even available in FA though lol).

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Fielding the best team is definitely ideal.

And if we had unlimited money, sure, throw some at Henry.

But we don't.

And we have a top 10 pass blocking OL according to both PFF and ESPN's pass blocking efficiency/win ratings.

Speaking of that OL, though, we need to pay Conklin to keep it together on top of paying Tannehill. Getting Logan Ryan back would be ideal. You spend that 13 mil among those instead of Henry and maybe go out and get a pass rusher or something in FA(I have no idea which pass rushers are even available in FA though lol).

If it's Ryan or Henry I chose Henry. They potentially could cost the same to resign. 

• 6 yrs, $90,163,388 is the estimated contract based on Sports Trac for Conklin.  Is he worth that? 
    We want to go cheap? Why not go cheaper with a proven guy in Dennis Kelly. It is a drop off but we know he can do the job. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

If it's Ryan or Henry I chose Henry. They potentially could cost the same to resign. 

• 6 yrs, $90,163,388 is the estimated contract based on Sports Trac for Conklin.  Is he worth that? 
    We want to go cheap? Why not go cheaper with a proven guy in Dennis Kelly. It is a drop off but we know he can do the job. 

If Logan Ryan costs 13 mil a year to resign then he can walk, just spend it elsewhere.

And yes, Conklin is worth that considering the cap rising and the rate of good tackles.

And while Kelly is fine as a stop gap, the drop off from Conklin to him is a significant one, especially in pass protection.

QB, OL and pass rush are the 3 most important things in football. Gotta do what it takes to keep those up to par.

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Omg jesus absolutely do not go cheap OT and expensive RB. That's literally the worst suggestion I've ever heard lol.

Skimp on the 3rd or 4th most important position in the sport to afford the least important.

9 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

So teams play to stop Henry but even when Henry isn't there Tannehill still put points on the board..hmm...

No one never said Tannehill wasn’t good or he wasn’t capable of scoring points, I’m saying look at the facts. It’s like Kobe & Shaq, earlier in their careers you double Shaq therefore Kobe got to go 1 on 1 due to the amount of attention Shaq got. Kobe could put points on the board & he still closed games, okay same way with Henry & Tannehill, opponents play us to stop the run. When have you ever seen a opponent play us with a 2 safety look. The playoffs answered your question who’s offense & team this is. 

8 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

No one never said Tannehill wasn’t good or he wasn’t capable of scoring points, I’m saying look at the facts. It’s like Kobe & Shaq, earlier in their careers you double Shaq therefore Kobe got to go 1 on 1 due to the amount of attention Shaq got. Kobe could put points on the board & he still closed games, okay same way with Henry & Tannehill, opponents play us to stop the run. When have you ever seen a opponent play us with a 2 safety look. The playoffs answered your question who’s offense & team this is. 

Literally the entire Patriots matchup. So yeah, it did. It's just not the conclusion you're coming to.

11 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Literally the entire Patriots matchup. So yeah, it did. It's just not the conclusion you're coming to.

Go back & look they showed 2 safety when it was 3rd & long & obvious passing situations, my bad for not being specific when I say 2 man safety looks that’s my fault. What I’m saying is teams play us to stop Henry 1st, then Tannehill. 

12 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Go back & look they showed 2 safety when it was 3rd & long & obvious passing situations, my bad for not being specific when I say 2 man safety looks that’s my fault. What I’m saying is teams play us to stop Henry 1st, then Tannehill. 

The Patriots played two safety the majority of the game. Even on first down. They changed somewhat in the second half, but were still doing it. The Patriots played to stop the play-action pass and basically said who cares what Henry does, they won't score points.

It's also not like we just won't ever have a successful running game if we let Henry go. That success is mainly tied to our OL which will remain intact.

If we're successfully running the ball teams will take notice in their game-plan. The media just won't take as much notice.

• Like 1