GDT: Definitely America’s Team at Chiefs

titans0021

To me the 2 biggest factors in the game were the opening drive in which we were finally held to a field goal in the redzone, and the Mahomes 27 yard TD scramble with 11 seconds left on the clock.

If those are reversed we're talking about a 4 point swing in the opening drive, and another 4 point swing at the end of the half if we were able to force them in to a FG with no time left on the clock (which was the only way we were going to stop them since the other stops were self-inflicted wounds by KC - Kelce and Hill both had drops to end drives on 3rd down).

Would have been up 21-17 going in to the half and I don't think we get away from the run as quickly as we did even with them having that long TD drive in the 3rd since it would have only been a 3 point game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just needed more from our defense. 

We won last time because it was team win.  Everyone came to play. 
But  we didn't get it from defense or special teams.  That long return early was a small spark. 

The defensive game plan just had no chance. I hate complaining about Pees, but daring Mahomes to just sit in the pocket and beat you is just begging for a loss.

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The defensive game plan just had no chance. I hate complaining about Pees, but daring Mahomes to just sit in the pocket and beat you is just begging for a loss.

Casey admitted they were hoping to force them to FGs. Let him get yards I guess.  "Bend but don't break, but we broke."
I don't think we had any real evidence that we were going to stop them from getting in endzone. 
I'm guessing they felt the plan worked somewhat last game and it was their best chance.

I'm not devastated with the loss yesterday like I was with the Ravens playoff loss years ago, but I will say that today, the lingering feels are disappointment, sadness, and missed opportunity. We really could have gotten to the Super Bowl if the defense played a little better and same for the offense. We had the potential to do so, but we let it slip away between our fingers. Just sad about that. I know the season likely exceeded expectations, but to have gotten close, and come away with this... sad, especially given how we saw our team could and did beat teams in a dominating fashion on the road in the playoffs.

6 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I'd have to watch it again but it seemed like there were three or four plays I remember where he had ALL DAY in the pocket, but every one of those ended with him throwing it away.  Maybe I'm not remembering correctly?  The runs out of the pocket killed us much more than the yardage shows but if you assign a spy to him, you have one less man in coverage which might mean a big play or - the spy misses the tackle anyway.

To me, what struck me the most is that Mahomes played a perfect game.  And good for him.  I've seen him make mistakes in many games before and always thought if he could eliminate those, he'd be darn near unstoppable.  And that's what it seemed happened on Sunday.  I kept waiting for the head-scratching fumble or INT to turn the tide, but it never came.

4 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

I threw my phone across the room. 

Yeah, that TD at the end of the half felt really bad at the time, but in hindsight, it was crushing.  Had multiple guys take bad angles.  Brock didn't even try to tackle him, just started tugging at the ball to try to rip it out.  And if we can just get him on the ground, there's a good chance we can hold them to 3 since there was so little time left.  They had two TOs but we've had goalline stands before. But he gets in and it just shifts the momentum of the game.  I don't know how much it swung our win percentage, but it seemed like the defining moment of the game.

32 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

This game would have hurt more if we were 14-2. 

Just like to point out that we weren't 14-2. And by that I'd like to say at least we aren't the Ravens. 

We beat the Ravens. 😁😁

It hurts because we lost and I really wanted to enjoy seeing another SB

But my head is held high 

Mahomes is video game like 

Yes we were up 10 but that’s nothing for Mahomes I’d feel worse blowing a 24-0 lead

Titans had no turnovers right?

Vrabel didn’t have a BOB like mistake to hurt us

We had all our bullets and the better team won

We hung in there with a great team and the winner of that game probably wins the SB

Sucks losing but we had a helluva year and didn’t get blown out really in any game all year this team had balls

Hope we retool and hope we are hosting a few games in the playoffs next year instead of risking having to play 4 consecutive road games again 

• Like 3

I also thought we needed to get AJ way more involved. Only 24 more yards for the rest of the game after his 37 yard reception in the opening drive just shouldn’t have happened. A jet sweep, WR screen, rub route...something needed to happen just to get the ball in his hands. Good things happen when that man has the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

I also thought we needed to get AJ way more involved. Only 24 more yards for the rest of the game after his 37 yard reception in the opening drive just shouldn’t have happened. A jet sweep, WR screen, rub route...something needed to happen just to get the ball in his hands. Good things happen when that man has the ball.

That’s art weakness the passing game. I remember reading an article on Kyle Shanahan & how he became a brilliant Offensive genius; he said that he always had thorough understanding of how to run the ball & the play action thanks to his father, but what took his mind to another level was being around John Gruden. He said gruden passing concepts & route combinations is what helped him tremendously & that his offense is his fathers meshed with grudens passing concepts 

Edited by TitanRedd
  • Like 1