Astros cheat-Lunhow/Hinch fired-Manfred clueless

KhanYouDigIt

I personally dont want (or need to see) the Astro's WS title stripped.
That opens up a huge can of worms and far as I can tell, has no precedent in history.

Treat the players like **** (?) - not obscenely or violently - that's fine with me. They basked in the glory. Now its time to pay up in a less than glorious manner.

Mike Trout what punishment he’d want for Astros players: “Something,” he said. “I don’t know. I couldn’t tell you off the top of my head. To do that, obviously the GM got fired and Hinch got fired, but the players getting nothing, that’s definitely not right, for sure.”

I’m ok letting the Astros keep their rings (although the biggest damn * next to it you can ever have) if they let Pete Rose into the damn hall of fame. Gambling on sports should you get in trouble but he didn’t cheat in any way which is the only thing that should disqualify you from the HoF 

Edited by BayRaider

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m ok letting the Astros keep their rings (although the biggest damn * next to it you can ever have) if they let Pete Rose into the damn hall of fame. Gambling on sports should you get in trouble but he didn’t cheat in any way which is the only thing that should disqualify you from the HoF 

I'm not. I think they should absolutely lose the trophy and rings and be removed from the championship history books.

I'm not a fan of baseball players intentionally throwing at players, I said as much in the Myles Garrett thread.

When it happens A LOT this season, dont look my way for sympthaty for a single one of those mofo's on the Houton Astro's roster 

Not one of them, worthy or not, should ever get into the Hall of Fame. Absolutely pathetic organization.

Frankly I would've been in favor of the entire team getting banned from competition in 2020.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not. I think they should absolutely lose the trophy and rings and be removed from the championship history books.

I'm not a fan of baseball players intentionally throwing at players, I said as much in the Myles Garrett thread.

When it happens A LOT this season, dont look my way for sympthaty for a single one of those mofo's on the Houton Astro's roster 

Not one of them, worthy or not, should ever get into the Hall of Fame. Absolutely pathetic organization.

Frankly I would've been in favor of the entire team getting banned from competition in 2020.

I mean I agree with everything being stripped, was just trying to compromise for Pete in the Hall. 

• Like 1

Here.

Gleyber Torres saying he feels the Astros continued cheating into/thru 2019.

I've no clue whats true - but it speaks to my question: Has anybody gotten an answer from these guy why they quit? If you're cheating and winning.....why stop? What made you quit and why?

NY Post - 

Gleyber Torres isn’t buying the 2019 Astros didn’t continue to cheat last season when they copped four of six ALCS games against the Yankees and advanced to the World Series.

Asked Monday if he believed the Astros illegally stole opposing pitcher’s signs last year, Torres joined a growing fraternity of big league players who unloaded on Astros.

“If you cheat in 2017 and you won, why don’t you do that the next year and the next year too?” Torres said after reporting to Steinbrenner Field for spring training.“It’s for sure… If I play video games with you and we face the TV and I saw your control, and I saw what is coming and I win, and you tell me, ‘(Let’s) play again’? I do the same thing. And they did ‘17 for sure, and they did ‘18, and ‘19.”

Torres is 23 and entering his third big league season after being an AL All-Star in the first two years. Some players in his position would keep quiet, but Torres has a strong opinion and showed no reluctance to let the baseball world know about it.

“First of all it shows no respect to baseball when you cheat. We feel frustration. Our team plays legal and others like Houston don’t play legal. It is really easy to compete when you know what is coming. I don’t feel good. We compete and try to get to the World Series and they cheat. When they go hit they know everything that is coming. It is not real good. We prepared really well (and) we go to home plate to face (Justin) Verlander, (Gerrit) Cole and (Zack) Greinke, they pitched very well. They go to home plate and face our pitchers and they know everything that is coming.”

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Pete should have been in. It's such a injustice that he wasnt.

Well he was gaining traction on getting in with lots of momentum, and then Trump tweeted he should be in and now everyone hates Pete again cause everyone mindlessly disagrees with Trump (not that I endorse or support Trump in any way, I don’t). 

If the true was shared, I think it would get rid of a lot of the issues between the players and everything. That's a huge part of this cause it's still all speculation on what's true and what's not. Also, Mike Fiers really is the key to all of this. He started it, so shouldn't he step up and dispute or agree?

19 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

If the true was shared, I think it would get rid of a lot of the issues between the players and everything. That's a huge part of this cause it's still all speculation on what's true and what's not. Also, Mike Fiers really is the key to all of this. He started it, so shouldn't he step up and dispute or agree?

Not any more or less than any of the other players IMO.