2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

Absolutely I'd be up for this. Even at a 3rd to be honest. I've always wanted to swap Judon for Fowler Jr. Fowler would likely come cheaper as well. 

Trading Judon for a 2nd and signing Clowney is my dream.

As long as we are able to trade him though, I'd settle for not getting any other 'name' rushers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

Trading Judon for a 2nd and signing Clowney is my dream.

As long as we are able to trade him though, I'd settle for not getting any other 'name' rushers.

Of course, but apparently Clowney wants more than 20 million. It's very tough to justify, especially with contracts coming up. I understand the cap will be going up a good bit the next few years but unless Clowney takes 18 to be with a contender. He can kick rocks. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

I understand the cap will be going up a good bit the next few years but unless Clowney takes 18 to be with a contender. He can kick rocks. Just my opinion. 

^^^Yea, that's probably the best take.

The idea of Wink getting Clowney, Campbell, Brockers, Williams, Bowser, + whoever we draft with our early round picks is just so exciting though. It's blinding my judgement :D.

18 hours ago, sp6488 said:

In theory they could gain cap space. If they need room, he is a guy they could add a year to the end of his deal (which would line him up with the other 3-year remaining guys: Peters, Young, Thomas, Brockers), which would be his age-33 season.

Additionally, I think Stanley is an extension that could free up a decent amount room. EDC has been very deliberate about flat cap structures, but I'm interested to see if that will hold for long-term cornerstone players. He hasn't signed that six- or seven-year deal yet that could follow a different pattern. If they need room now, I could definitely see guys like Stanley or Hump (different situation, but right type of guy) having more aggressive cap structuring. Those are guys that we're not necessarily interested in being cleared off the books post-Lamar deal and could feasibly be re-worked after a few years to flatten the out-year impacts.

His number for 2020 is ~$13M. On a $120M/6-year $60-80M guarantee deal, the team could do the double-bonus thing they've done in the past to make the impacts something like: 8M - 12M - 20M - 23M - 27M - 30M. That would free up $5M for 2020. Cap is definitely going up in the next few years and you can be a bit more aggressive with the cornerstone guys IMO.

I was referring to replacing Williams. 

Looks like Bynes wants a little more than 930,000 he played for last year lol. Can't blame him. 30 years old, and coming off of a great season. Probably wants to parlay that into as much as he can.

Hopefully we can still bring him back, but it doesn't look like that's the easy signing it was projected to be. Damn these players knowing their worth.

• Like 1