Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Allen did kind of rewrite the book on QB evals.  Before him, I can't think of a single prospect who had accuracy issues, but worked out, in the modern era.  I thought he was so obviously and easily a bust before he played a snap.

It will cause 10+ other QBs to be drafted with accuracy issues because Allen worked out.

47 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There's been more buzz of late about Corrall and Ridder being possible first round picks, so I don't think the fact of Pickett going at 8 instead of 15 makes the team at 20 do anything different based on who's on the board.

Any buzz at this point are draft-niks trying to get some clicks.  I can easily see 1 QB taken in the top 20 and I can see 3 taken in the entire 1st round.  An interesting bet would be over/under on QBs taken in the 1st with 2 being the push.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Any buzz at this point are draft-niks trying to get some clicks.  I can easily see 1 QB taken in the top 20 and I can see 3 taken in the entire 1st round.  An interesting bet would be over/under on QBs taken in the 1st with 2 being the push.

I think you're likely right.  I think Willis and Pickett in the first round is a done deal.  I think chances are that one of Ridder or Corral makes it in too.  I could see both, but I would lean on just one.  Then the other and Howell go in the second round.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

The pick that really made me think that was Jayson Oweh last year.  I remember saying I'll eat my hat if a guy with no sacks goes in the first round based on just athletics.  And lo and behold.  Not only was he a first rounder, but he got five sacks as a rookie.

How did the hat taste?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I think you're likely right.  I think Willis and Pickett in the first round is a done deal.  I think chances are that one of Ridder or Corral makes it in too.  I could see both, but I would lean on just one.  Then the other and Howell go in the second round.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Pickett falls out of the first 

Honestly, I don't think Willis and Pickett going super high actually pushes up the other QBs that much, unless they were already potentially first rounders.

There's been more buzz of late about Corrall and Ridder being possible first round picks, so I don't think the fact of Pickett going at 8 instead of 15 makes the team at 20 do anything different based on who's on the board.

I'm of the opinion that Pittsburgh would "consider" Corral at 20, and would definitely take Willis at 20.  If Corral doesn't go 20, I don't see him going 1st round outside of 32.  So, Willis going 8 IMO definitely pushes Corral up the board.  We see it a lot with fringe first rounders getting pushed up the board due to a run.  Christian Ponder is the first example that comes to mind.  I would consider Corral's draft stock the same as Ponder's from his year, consensus 2nd round pick that got pushed way up the board.

1 hour ago, eh3034 said:

I'm of the opinion that Pittsburgh would "consider" Corral at 20, and would definitely take Willis at 20.  If Corral doesn't go 20, I don't see him going 1st round outside of 32.  So, Willis going 8 IMO definitely pushes Corral up the board.  We see it a lot with fringe first rounders getting pushed up the board due to a run.  Christian Ponder is the first example that comes to mind.  I would consider Corral's draft stock the same as Ponder's from his year, consensus 2nd round pick that got pushed way up the board.

With the Ponder thing, it’s probably worth pointing out that he was in the 2011 draft which was the lockout year and we hadn’t had free agency yet. I feel like the QBs all got pushed up the board that year because a bunch of teams literally didn’t have a starting QB on their roster at all. 2013 or even 2014 probably a better guide on what might happen this year 

2 hours ago, eh3034 said:

Trades are a thing.

As for pushing them up the board, what you seemed to be saying earlier was that if Willis and Pickett go super early, that makes it more likely that the other QBs will go earlier too, which is different than saying that a team like the Steelers are just gonna draft a different QB if Willis isn’t there.

Trades are a thing.

As for pushing them up the board, what you seemed to be saying earlier was that if Willis and Pickett go super early, that makes it more likely that the other QBs will go earlier too, which is different than saying that a team like the Steelers are just gonna draft a different QB if Willis isn’t there.

Lol dude we are saying the exact same things in different ways, stop trying to twist words that turn two people in agreement, into an argument.