The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

13 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Throw in the towel damn. Glover was killing him 3-5. 

DC wasnt wrong when saying his corner should throw in the towel. No need for Smith to go out there for the 5th and it could have been stopped in the 3rd or 4th without much argument

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Smith's corner should be fined for how they handle their fighters. I believe they had another fighter last year get brutalized in the octagon and refused to stop the fight on their own accord. 

and I guess when rountree beat the snot out of anders, don't remember how bad that one was tho

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How would you handle the HW situation if you were the UFC considering I feel like this is an unprecedented situation

Stipe: Champion, was injured and now cant/wont train because his gym isnt open because of the OH laws

DC: Wants to fight Stipe, but would fight Ngannou if it was for the undisputed title meaning Stipe gets stripped

Ngannou: Literally cleaned out the entire division of potential challengers and deserves his title shot. After seeing what happened to Ferguson, I cant imagine Francis risks taking on anyone especially in a volatile division like HW. I know rankings dont matter but outside of Stipe/DC he's beaten the top guy Blaydes twice, JDS, loss to Lewis, just starched Rozenstruik. Hasn't fought Volko, crushed Overeem. There's nothing that makes sense other than for him to sit and wait but if Stipe/DC isnt until late Fall like Stipe says, then Francis might not fight for a year

Yeah...Literally no one is at fault in this situation

Stipe had to recover from the illegal eye pokes of Cormier, which he is famous for, and he can't train at his own gym.  (Heard a rumor that his gym caught a hefty fine for trying to be sneaky and stay in operation)  DC is not getting any younger, and wants that revenge fight.  Francis has cleaned out the division, and deserves a title shot.

Although he wouldn't deserve it, if they stripped Stipe, and let DC and Francis fight for the strap, Stipe could get the winner down the road!!!  I think that would satisfy everyone!

And eff Dana btw for acting all frustrated about Stipe.  It's obvious they do not share the same views about the seriousness of the corona virus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Yeah...Literally no one is at fault in this situation

Stipe had to recover from the illegal eye pokes of Cormier, which he is famous for, and he can't train at his own gym.  (Heard a rumor that his gym caught a hefty fine for trying to be sneaky and stay in operation)  DC is not getting any younger, and wants that revenge fight.  Francis has cleaned out the division, and deserves a title shot.

Although he wouldn't deserve it, if they stripped Stipe, and let DC and Francis fight for the strap, Stipe could get the winner down the road!!!  I think that would satisfy everyone!

And eff Dana btw for acting all frustrated about Stipe.  It's obvious they do not share the same views about the seriousness of the corona virus.

I disagree with the bolded though. DC only wants to fight 1 more time right? If he beats Ngannou, I think DC walks. Then Stipe and Francis fight for the undisputed belt but it just isnt the same since it was vacated. We wont see DC/Stipe 3 if DC beats Francis(or thats what I thought the situation was)

4 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

(Heard a rumor that his gym caught a hefty fine for trying to be sneaky and stay in operation) 

I train at StrongStyle. Haven't heard anything like this. They shut us down pretty damn quickly. Unless they were bringing in their UFC fighters to train secretly....but they closed right along with all of the other gyms.

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I disagree with the bolded though. DC only wants to fight 1 more time right? If he beats Ngannou, I think DC walks. Then Stipe and Francis fight for the undisputed belt but it just isnt the same since it was vacated. We wont see DC/Stipe 3 if DC beats Francis(or thats what I thought the situation was)

Yea DC really only wants to fight 1 more time...and wants it to be against stipe...so if everyone decides to wait....this will be drawn out....

33 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Yea DC really only wants to fight 1 more time...and wants it to be against stipe...so if everyone decides to wait....this will be drawn out....

I think its laughable that DC says he(Francis) should take whatever fight he gets because he'll smash any of them anyways so he might as well get paid. That's incredibly dumb and if Francis learns anything from Ferguson, he'll know to wait

On 5/13/2020 at 8:23 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How would you handle the HW situation if you were the UFC considering I feel like this is an unprecedented situation

Stipe: Champion, was injured and now cant/wont train because his gym isnt open because of the OH laws

DC: Wants to fight Stipe, but would fight Ngannou if it was for the undisputed title meaning Stipe gets stripped

Ngannou: Literally cleaned out the entire division of potential challengers and deserves his title shot. After seeing what happened to Ferguson, I cant imagine Francis risks taking on anyone especially in a volatile division like HW. I know rankings dont matter but outside of Stipe/DC he's beaten the top guy Blaydes twice, JDS, loss to Lewis, just starched Rozenstruik. Hasn't fought Volko, crushed Overeem. There's nothing that makes sense other than for him to sit and wait but if Stipe/DC isnt until late Fall like Stipe says, then Francis might not fight for a year

Have DC and Francis do an Interim Belt. If DC declines, Ngannou vs Jon Jones for the Interim Belt. They both agreed to it on twitter today lol

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Jon would whoop him harder than Stipe did.

Stipe took shots in that fight that Jones has never taken. The only reason he survived is because it's his chin and not someone else's. We have no idea whether Jones has the type of chin to stand up to Ngannou's power. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)