The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

kinda crazy how lost Jan looked on the ground. seemed like he was just not prepared to be on the wrong end of the grappling, since he's usually the one on top if it goes to the ground. but in the first round, there was no sense of what to do to get to his feet (though he did a good job minimizing damage), and in the second round he made a really sloppy mistake to get taken down, and then immediately went to his stomach and tapped.

maybe just one of those days. maybe Teixeira is just that strong on top.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

BK's UFC Pick'em Standings
@big poppa pump - 167
@JonStark - 152
@JaguarCrazy2832 - 148
@Buckrock101 - 144
@beekay414 - 137
@11sanchez11 - 80 
@NYRaider - 34
@BullsandBroncos - 33 (missed card)
@FinneasGage - 26 (missed like 3 straight cards cuz he's a quitter)

really not sure where you were going by picking Tybura and Jandiroba, but I'll take it

Jags you're next

1 minute ago, Buckrock101 said:

kinda crazy how lost Jan looked on the ground. seemed like he was just not prepared to be on the wrong end of the grappling, since he's usually the one on top if it goes to the ground. but in the first round, there was no sense of what to do to get to his feet (though he did a good job minimizing damage), and in the second round he made a really sloppy mistake to get taken down, and then immediately went to his stomach and tapped.

maybe just one of those days. maybe Teixeira is just that strong on top.

I shudder to think at what would've happened to Izzy had he fought Glover instead of Jan. He likely doesn't survive 5 rounds like he did vs Blachowicz.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

BK's UFC Pick'em Standings
@big poppa pump - 167
@JonStark - 152
@JaguarCrazy2832 - 148
@Buckrock101 - 144
@beekay414 - 137
@11sanchez11 - 80 
@NYRaider - 34
@BullsandBroncos - 33 (missed card)
@FinneasGage - 26 (missed like 3 straight cards cuz he's a quitter)

Not sure how I managed such a good score here and such a crap score betting. 

At least Glover brought me back to even! Had a ton on him by finish and some by sub. Feel great for him but was hoping he would retire on top. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I shudder to think at what would've happened to Izzy had he fought Glover instead of Jan. He likely doesn't survive 5 rounds like he did vs Blachowicz.

I think and Izzy fight ends up in a finish either way. Don't really like it for Izzy obviously because of the grappling of Glover, but I also think there would be a better chance of him finishing Glover on the feet. Glover's not on Jan's level in the striking, not quite as big/long, so I could see a world where Adesanya keeps him at range and picks him apart.

Kind of an interesting fight now I think about it.

with Adesanya vs Jan, we mostly think about the grappling from Jan winning it, but maybe as big as the grappling was Jan's defensive striking, and that he was able to avoid taking any serious damage standing.

Glover I think has a harder time avoiding damage. but if he gets it to the ground, not sure Izzy survives

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)