The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not to my knowledge no, I mean we've had issues where a fighter misses or gets hurt and it switches around but never 3 fights/6 fighters flipped around where all still fight

So you don't think it's a stretch to assume that Chimaev purposely missed weight to fight Holland? Considering that we've never really seen a scenario like this play out. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So you don't think it's a stretch to assume that Chimaev purposely missed weight to fight Holland? Considering that we've never really seen a scenario like this play out. 

I mean Conor threw a dolly at a bus....anything is possible. Plus Chimaev knows he's a big enough star to where the UFC wouldn't just pull him from the card. Kind of has that IDGAF attitude, I smesh everyone.

Idk what happened exactly in the back between Chimaev and Holland but it wouldn't surprise me if 18-ish hours before weigh ins he stopped cutting because of what happened. These guys are all up in their feelings to act tough

43 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I mean Conor threw a dolly at a bus....anything is possible. Plus Chimaev knows he's a big enough star to where the UFC wouldn't just pull him from the card. Kind of has that IDGAF attitude, I smesh everyone.

Idk what happened exactly in the back between Chimaev and Holland but it wouldn't surprise me if 18-ish hours before weigh ins he stopped cutting because of what happened. These guys are all up in their feelings to act tough

How did Conor throwing a dolly at the bus change a fight? Missing weight by 10 pounds in a main event is extremely bold. The way Dana addressed it though I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to pivot for some reason. 

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How did Conor throwing a dolly at the bus change a fight? Missing weight by 10 pounds in a main event is extremely bold. The way Dana addressed it though I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to pivot for some reason. 

You said what Chimaev did has never happened I’m simply stating the dolly incident never happened before and something to that magnitude might not happen again especially with a superstar like Conor where there really weren’t repercussions 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You said what Chimaev did has never happened I’m simply stating the dolly incident never happened before and something to that magnitude might not happen again especially with a superstar like Conor where there really weren’t repercussions 

The UFC didn't have to change the main event for a huge paper view at the last second because Conor threw a dolly. 

My point is that I think it's far fetched that Chimaev purposely missed weight in hopes that the UFC would shuffle the entire event around, something they've never done before. Especially considering that he was in the main event and it was going to be huge for his brand if he beat Nate.