The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

2 hours ago, Squanchy said:

What an insane day. 

You can’t miss by that much.  Absolutely ridiculous.  Dana will definitely knock him for this if he plans to stay at 170.  

Dana will never admit it but happy this happened….gets to protect his new chosen one, and doesn’t give Nate a chance for leaving on a great note.

one last screw you to Nate

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

Dana will never admit it but happy this happened….gets to protect his new chosen one, and doesn’t give Nate a chance for leaving on a great note.

one last screw you to Nate

I look at it as "here you can fight Tony, then after you beat him we will sign you to a 1 fight big contract to fight Conor in the spring." 

whole thing was rigged like Chuck losing his belt. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Squanchy said:

What an insane day. 

You can’t miss by that much.  Absolutely ridiculous.  Dana will definitely knock him for this if he plans to stay at 170.  

I've wondered if this is orchestrated by Dana himself. He probably doesnt give a crap if he comes out and smashes Holland although he won't be able to wait around forever bc Leon/Usman is next still at 170

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think the weight miss was intentional(sort of) like after whatever happened with Holland I think he just wanted that fight and figured he'd get it...kind of for real but sort of not

That I can get behind but this idea that he wanted to avoid Nate is comical. He would've ragdolled him worse than Rory did. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Lol at anyone that believes he missed weight to intentionally avoid a .500 fighter. 

I mean is it that crazy…this fight was a zero upside fight for him.

It’s tough to believe he actually even tried to really make weight coming in 7.5 lbs over and not looking particularly upset or tired from having a difficult cut.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

I mean is it that crazy…this fight was a zero upside fight for him.

It’s tough to believe he actually even tried to really make weight coming in 7.5 lbs over and not looking particularly upset or tired from having a difficult cut.

JC2832's theory makes far more sense than he did it to duck Nate. He would've put Nate through the damn spin cycle worse than Rory MacDonald did. 

Even if he was trying to get that Holland fight you’re not gonna be that over weight. Stop giving him excuses he ****ed up and honestly it’s a horrific look on his part. That’s more poor training and not taking this seriously then anything 

Edited by agarcia34

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Even if he was trying to get that Holland fight you’re not gonna be that over weight. Stop giving him excuses he ****ed up and honestly it’s a horrific look on his part. That’s more poor training and not taking this seriously then anything 

Nobody has made any excuses lol. Totally unprofessional on his part. My issue is with this idea that he tried to duck Nate. He'd run through that .500 fighter.