The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

Izzy a better striker than Jones no doubt, but Jones would be able to dictate the fight exactly to where it needed to be.

He’d be stronger, have the size advantage, and he hasn’t met an opponent he can’t take down. 

JBJ also has an extremely underrated chin

• Like 1

Just now, Pats#1 said:

Izzy a better striker than Jones no doubt, but Jones would be able to dictate the fight exactly to where it needed to be.

He’d be stronger, have the size advantage, and he hasn’t met an opponent he can’t take down. 

JBJ also has an extremely underrated chin

tbh it's tough fight for Izzy, considering he's somewhat undersized (in terms of weight) for 185. He makes the weight easily. I don't even know if he walks around at 205.

Also with Jones going to heavyweight, a little hard to see how that fight will happen now.

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Cut the antics post fight and I'm a fan. He's too good to be mock humping his opponent and then yelling "I just came all over you" afterwards. No need for that. Dance, Naruto run, do your machine gun stuff and let that be that.

im sure hes playing a part like most guys these days, the problem is he just doesnt play it that well. colby, conor, heck, even jon at times... youre either watching cause you want them to win or lose. Izzy isnt good on the mic, its awkward and cringy. He doesnt have the same thing those others do. 

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I still think Jones beats Izzy, especially if it’s at LHW. The of competition Izzy has beaten compared to Jones is hardly impressive. Plus Jones would have 4” Reach, something Izzy isn’t use to. 

I think Jones would beat him cause he way bigger and would just take him down

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

im sure hes playing a part like most guys these days, the problem is he just doesnt play it that well. colby, conor, heck, even jon at times... youre either watching cause you want them to win or lose. Izzy isnt good on the mic, its awkward and cringy. He doesnt have the same thing those others do. 

Lol Izzy is the only one who isn't playing a part. Everything you see from him is his natural personality.

I think it's the New Zealand accent that's throwing you off. We sound kinda awkward when you're not used to hearing the accent

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

start date in there. 

i'd vote on just starting once the order is set and seeing if everyone can get their picks in in a reasonable amount of time before implementing time slots and what not. i don't think there would be any major hold ups with this group