The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. Diaz took an insane amount of damage in that fight and likely would've gotten TKO'd in the 4th round if they let the fight continue. He's not strong enough to compete with the top guys at 170. 

That was a fun fight for the fans and definitely a safe way for the UFC to grow Masvidal's brand. I'm excited for the Colby fight but I think his pressure, wrestling, and cardio will be too much for Masvidal and he'll either win a decision or finish him in the later rounds. 

I feel the same could be said about Diaz though especially if he came back in the later rounds and finished Jorge. That fight was a Win-Win for the UFC

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They should do the Conor vs Nate trilogy fight next. I think it's time, fans will be excited, and they both get a fight without having to slow down the 155 or 170 division. If Conor wins you can let him fight the winner of Gathje vs Khabib. 

This part makes me sick...dont get me wrong I'd watch the fight vs Nate and if he got the next shot I'd watch it too but geez you have him fight another 155(albeit at 170) and if he wins which he absolutely should, you give him the next shot? Hate that, but Conor is the almighty cash cow, gotta keep him fat and well-protected to cash in

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They should do the Conor vs Nate trilogy fight next. I think it's time, fans will be excited, and they both get a fight without having to slow down the 155 or 170 division. If Conor wins you can let him fight the winner of Gathje vs Khabib. 

You can't give him a title shot with wins over an old Cowboy and Nate when there's guys like Tony and Poirer in the mix. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel the same could be said about Diaz though especially if he came back in the later rounds and finished Jorge. That fight was a Win-Win for the UFC

that fight wasnt competitive, and the only reason people think diaz was going to turn it up was because diaz said that. without a fluke happening he loses that fight even if it continues,

20 hours ago, JonStark said:

You can't give him a title shot with wins over an old Cowboy and Nate when there's guys like Tony and Poirer in the mix. 

Yes you can. The UFC needs to generate as many PPV sales as they can because of how much money they're missing out on with no fans at events. Conor vs Gathje or Khabib is one of the biggest fights in combat sports history and would have a very good chance of breaking the UFC's all time PPV record. Dana White doesn't give a damn about the rankings or trying to be fair, he wants to put on the biggest fights. 

If they were to do the Conor-Nate trilogy and he starches Nate I would bet my life savings that he gets an immediate title shot. I mean look at Masvidal's recent path to a title shot, he starched Till which was impressive but then beat Askren with that flying knee, and then beat Nate for the BMF belt. If Masvidal can get a title shot fresh off of a win vs Nate then Conor definitely can as well. 

22 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

This part makes me sick...dont get me wrong I'd watch the fight vs Nate and if he got the next shot I'd watch it too but geez you have him fight another 155(albeit at 170) and if he wins which he absolutely should, you give him the next shot? Hate that, but Conor is the almighty cash cow, gotta keep him fat and well-protected to cash in

I mean unless they're planning to do Poirier vs Ferguson, who else do they give the title shot too? But even if they did that fight I don't think people would be interested in seeing Poirier fight Khabib again or Ferguson fight Gathje again. As I said above if Masvidal got a title shot after beating Diaz then why shouldn't Conor, especially if he has another dominating win? 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Yes you can. The UFC needs to generate as many PPV sales as they can because of how much money they're missing out on with no fans at events. Conor vs Gathje or Khabib is one of the biggest fights in combat sports history and would have a very good chance of breaking the UFC's all time PPV record. Dana White doesn't give a damn about the rankings or trying to be fair, he wants to put on the biggest fights. 

If they were to do the Conor-Nate trilogy and he starches Nate I would bet my life savings that he gets an immediate title shot. I mean look at Masvidal's recent path to a title shot, he starched Till which was impressive but then beat Askren with that flying knee, and then beat Nate for the BMF belt. If Masvidal can get a title shot fresh off of a win vs Nate then Conor definitely can as well. 

You absolutely can and its probably whats going to happen if he fights Nate again but damn its a sucky way to treat the rest of your LW contenders. 

Dana definitely will do the best thing for the UFC/PPV sales etc

Unfortunately the Die Hards will watch no matter what and its the casuals that move the needle so thats the fight to make