The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Sterling should go into acting. Complete moronic move by Yan, but almost everyone I’m with thinks Sterling milked that to win the title via DQ. Even the doctors expression was like gimmie a break.... but I do agree Yan is a total idiot. 

Stupidity. 

He was winning the fight 2-1 anyway.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Sterling should go into acting. Complete moronic move by Yan, but almost everyone I’m with thinks Sterling milked that to win the title via DQ. Even the doctors expression was like gimmie a break.... but I do agree Yan is a total idiot. 

Then the people you are with are morons. Meryl Streep isn't good enough an actor to be that convincing

• Like 4

Huh? Was def 2-2 going into the 5th, with Yan having more momentum and wayyy more gas. 

Lol sure Yan had more gas but it's not scored by who is gassed and who isn't. Sterling had the 1st 2 rounds, Yan won 3rd, and you could've give Sterling the 4th until he got knee'd in the face intentionally. 

Acting? You're obviously on another planet.

You must be a Steeling fan. At absolute worst case scenario for Yan, it was 2-2 going into the 5th. At absolute worst. 

Not really. Sterling had control of the octagon the whole fight and was dominating Yan the first 2 rounds and a portion of the 4th.

You obviously are under the influence of a foreign substance.

anyone who believes Sterling faked it, played it up, or wanted to win like that is an idiot.

that was a flush, clean illegal knee, at a time when he obviously was not expecting it. clearly rocked by that knee, and the right call to stop him from continuing, though he probably wanted to (ala Smith vs Jones)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Taking a knee to the side of your head and its acting lol get outta here

Just because you take a knee to the head doesn’t mean you’re auto ko’d or auto concussed. It looked like bad acting on his part. Rewatch it. He knew he wasn’t gonna win. His gas was done going into the 5th tied. And I’m being generous, MANY people had that as 3-1 Yan going into the 5th. Not sure what fight some here were watching.