The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I'm just saying, if she could figure that part out we could get a good fight. I think GDR just submitted her last opponent iirc, maybe she is getting there

She's got a long way to go based on their fight to be good enough to handle Nunes on the ground. She's probably too old to get there

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

McGregor is different. He was clearly talking trash to hype up fights and did it in a comedic style. It was that comedic style + confidence that was a huge draw. Think of The Rock in Pro Wrestling back in the day. 

Izzy is real cocky. Real ego. Really into himself. There is nothing hyping up fights about it. This is the real him. 

That’s kinda what I mean.

These guys try and mimic the persona and end up just becoming the persona, which is unlike able.

Hell it even happened to McGregor eventually, he did become a huge ****.

He was just able to balance it and keep his ego in check when not promoting a fight a lot longer than most.

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Bullet kicked Jessica Eye in the Face and her whole body went rock hard and didn't move when she hit the canvas. Her body didn't even go limp.

Good, it wasn't what I thought you were saying.

Still it's a pretty ridiculous statement to make as a certainty. They fought twice and she didn't do that either time

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

That’s kinda what I mean.

These guys try and mimic the persona and end up just becoming the persona, which is unlike able.

Hell it even happened to McGregor eventually, he did become a huge ****.

He was just able to balance it and keep his ego in check when not promoting a fight a lot longer than most.

Nah, McGregor always shows his true character after fights. The guy is always humble as hell, and is purely hyping up fights. He just likes to party too hard...

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

She was robbed in the 2nd fight.

She was not. It was far closer than the legend makes it. She won her 2 rounds clearly. Amanda one the first, I think that was the round, clearly though not as dominant as Bullet's 2. The other 2 were close and could go either way. I had both going to Amanda. People that think she was "robbed" are focusing too much on the overall fight rather than round by round scoring which is how it works.

And she still didn't make her go "rock hard" so I don't know how that helps your argument

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nah, McGregor always shows his true character after fights. The guy is always humble as hell, and is purely hyping up fights. He just likes to party too hard...

I don't know throwing a dolley at a bus isn't exactly humble. He definitely shows respect to fighters after the fight when it's due, but he isn't just hyping

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’m as big a McGregor fan as there is, but there’s no denying he became the cocky d-bag he was portraying to hype fights.

Throwing the dolly, punching the old dude in the bar, smashing that persona cell phone....it just all eventually took over, which isn’t surprising at all, he’s only human.

He even acknowledged it before the Cerrone fight.

6 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I’m as big a McGregor fan as there is, but there’s no denying he became the cocky d-bag he was portraying to hype fights.

Throwing the dolly, punching the old dude in the bar, smashing that persona cell phone....it just all eventually took over, which isn’t surprising at all, he’s only human.

He even acknowledged it before the Cerrone fight.

Well that’s interesting because he was villain who everyone hated up until the Alvarez fight or so, when he was just hyping up fights. Then became a massive fan favorite when it rubbed off on him slightly.