The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

31 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Submission would be more interesting to me

I have a feeling that Chuck will be fighting off his back, and he obviously could throw those legs up at any time, and catch him in a triangle.  I just think that Islam won't let that happen.  I can see takedown, mount, ground n pound, transition to rear naked....but that's why it's a fight...we will see!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I have a feeling that Chuck will be fighting off his back, and he obviously could throw those legs up at any time, and catch him in a triangle.  I just think that Islam won't let that happen.  I can see takedown, mount, ground n pound, transition to rear naked....but that's why it's a fight...we will see!

Idc who wins i just want to see it

19 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I agree with you.

While most people seem to think Olives is the toughest matchup because of his BJJ, in reality, it's just thinking that he will be able to survive the round, right? Do we really expect a triangle/sweep from bottom, like these Dagestanis have never seen a high level BJJ player? 

Olives needs to keep it standing like every other person does if he wants to win.

Really looking forward to the main event on Saturday. Big fight for Masvidal. Got the breaks beat out of him his last two fights. How much longer can he live off the Askren and Diaz fight. Feels like a win is very much needed for him.

Main card got some really good fights on it as well. Holland/Oliveira gonna be a good one 

9 hours ago, Soggust said:

I agree with you.

While most people seem to think Olives is the toughest matchup because of his BJJ, in reality, it's just thinking that he will be able to survive the round, right? Do we really expect a triangle/sweep from bottom, like these Dagestanis have never seen a high level BJJ player? 

Olives needs to keep it standing like every other person does if he wants to win.

At the very least he’s the biggest threat to Islam on the ground and that’s exciting regardless of if you think it will work 

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

At the very least he’s the biggest threat to Islam on the ground and that’s exciting regardless of if you think it will work 

I'm scared he might believe in his BJJ too much and realize he screwed up when he hits the mat.

Like Islam pushes him to the fence and CO jumps a guillotine or something stupid and ends up getting Felder'd again.

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

100%, again as much as i dog his resume he is the obvious next guy up. Plus he has been very active. 4 fights in 11 months is alot no matter who you’re fighting

Yeah RDA isn't top 5 or anything, but beating him on short notice would be enough for me to be fully on board with his title shot. I'm about 50/50 right now just because there really isn't any other options that make sense. 

5 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Yeah RDA isn't top 5 or anything, but beating him on short notice would be enough for me to be fully on board with his title shot. I'm about 50/50 right now just because there really isn't any other options that make sense. 

RDA might not be the same but i do think he is Islams toughest test. Hooker was ranked higher but RDA at least has some ground game but he’ll be ragdolled.