The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

17 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Good call there. I didnt think the cut would wreck his chin that much. Allen doesnt have crazy power but Hooker didnt take them well

At the same time those looked like hard, clean landed shots. It's not like he was getting hurt by wild blind swings that were connecting poorly. 

I think Dan needs to take a break and reevaluate.

maybe change camps. The small country camps seem like to have decent guys that plateau and never improve greatly. If there was a halfway decent grappler at 185, Izzy probably wouldn't be champion. Till moved because he knew he could only grow so much at a small gym in England. 

Khabib and Machachev moved to AKA etc

I don't hate Paddy, but he's not gonna go very far if he keeps getting clipped. The top of that division has guys that will put his lights out. 

Tom is on another level. I feel like both him and Gane would beat Bones at HW, but will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

Won every single bet tonight except Gunnar inside the distance. Can't believe he couldn't find a way to get it done. 

9 hours ago, JonStark said:

I don't hate Paddy, but he's not gonna go very far if he keeps getting clipped. The top of that division has guys that will put his lights out. 

Tom is on another level. I feel like both him and Gane would beat Bones at HW, but will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

Won every single bet tonight except Gunnar inside the distance. Can't believe he couldn't find a way to get it done. 

Agreed on everything you said Paddy. Not sure about Gane v Bones. We saw Gane can be taken down at will

Bets were pretty great for me. Didnt read totals well but sides were awesome. Got alot of Aspinall/Allen at dog prices early before the steam

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed on everything you said Paddy. Not sure about Gane v Bones. We saw Gane can be taken down at will

Bets were pretty great for me. Didnt read totals well but sides were awesome. Got alot of Aspinall/Allen at dog prices early before the steam

Aspinall at dog money was a joke haha can't believe I missed it. -125 was still a steal.

I think Gane is gonna learn from getting wrestled by Francis but even before, he was no slouch on the ground. I could see him catching Bones in a sub if he just tries to lay and pray him. 

21 hours ago, JonStark said:

Aspinall at dog money was a joke haha can't believe I missed it. -125 was still a steal.

I think Gane is gonna learn from getting wrestled by Francis but even before, he was no slouch on the ground. I could see him catching Bones in a sub if he just tries to lay and pray him. 

Lay & pray hasn't really been his style. I just want to see the HW experiment tested

53 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Lay & pray hasn't really been his style. I just want to see the HW experiment tested

He has two finishes since 2013 (and that's if you include the NC) and I highly doubt he's going to try to stand with Gane for most of the fight. I could definitely see a L&P gameplan. 

On 3/21/2022 at 7:45 AM, JonStark said:

He has two finishes since 2013 (and that's if you include the NC) and I highly doubt he's going to try to stand with Gane for most of the fight. I could definitely see a L&P gameplan. 

I agree he shouldn't want to stand but we've seen him aggressive on the ground like in Gusty 2