The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

On 3/23/2022 at 4:50 AM, NYRaider said:

Masvidal's fall from grace has been sad to see, lol.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/03/ufc-news-jorge-masvidal-arrested-charged-colby-covington

Both Masvidal and Covington are human turds.  I'm actually glad (if it's true) that Colby lost a couple of chicklets, and at the same time, happy that Masvidal got arrested.  It's basically 2 nimrods getting what they deserve!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/03/ufc-news-jorge-masvidal-arrested-charged-colby-covington

Both Masvidal and Covington are human turds.  I'm actually glad (if it's true) that Colby lost a couple of chicklets, and at the same time, happy that Masvidal got arrested.  It's basically 2 nimrods getting what they deserve!

Agreed. Jorge should face the consequences for his actions but I'm glad Colby faced the consequences of his as well. 

Just wish Masvidal did it in the octagon so we won't have to sit through another Colby/Usman presser after they made out after the last fight. Hopefully Chimaev gets the Colby fight and smashes him. 

• Like 2

I will say, I think it's hilarious that everyone is acting like Masvidal just committed career suicide. 

Dana has given Bones 1000 second chances for worse and Conor threw a dolly into a bus, injuring a bunch of his fighters. Jorge will be just fine. 

I cant remember a time where HW was so annoying but also incredibly stacked. Francis never fights(and neither did Stipe), Jones still hasn't fought, Stipe hasn't in a year which all sucks but you have Tuivasa and Aspinall on the rise and Gane/Lewis still there and Blaydes is still a nightmare for alot of guys with no TDD

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

I will say, I think it's hilarious that everyone is acting like Masvidal just committed career suicide. 

Dana has given Bones 1000 second chances for worse and Conor threw a dolly into a bus, injuring a bunch of his fighters. Jorge will be just fine. 

Jones and Conor were champions that reached the top of the sport. Masvidal had a lucky three fight win streak and has gotten absolutely destroyed in his last three fights.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Jones and Conor were champions that reached the top of the sport. Masvidal had a lucky three fight win streak and has gotten absolutely destroyed in his last three fights.

Like it or not, he's a fan favorite. They created the stupid BMF title for a main event between him and Nate Diaz lol

If Bones/Conor could get away with what they've done, this won't sink Jorge. 

Hold up….people are actually siding with Jorge and/or digging on Colby for pressing charges???

Dude gets sucker punched outside of the octagon, after a night of drinking, and he’s supposed or what, just let the thug get away with it because he just kicked his *** a few weeks ago?

Jorge snuck up on someone and sucker punched them AFTER not being able to do anything inside the Octagon. There’s only one person that should be embarrassed about this.

2 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Hold up….people are actually siding with Jorge and/or digging on Colby for pressing charges???

Dude gets sucker punched outside of the octagon, after a night of drinking, and he’s supposed or what, just let the thug get away with it because he just kicked his *** a few weeks ago?

Jorge snuck up on someone and sucker punched them AFTER not being able to do anything inside the Octagon. There’s only one person that should be embarrassed about this.

Don't see many people siding with Jorge on this one. He was an idiot and couldn't get it done in the octagon, and deserves to have the charges pressed. Doesn't mean that I can't also feel that Colby had it coming.

Too many people think you can say whatever you want without consequences these days. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Don't see many people siding with Jorge on this one. He was an idiot and couldn't get it done in the octagon, and deserves to have the charges pressed. Doesn't mean that I can't also feel that Colby had it coming.

Too many people think you can say whatever you want without consequences these days. 

This is what’s crazy about social media….everyone keeps saying Colby talked about Jorge’s kids, but all I can find is that he said Jorge was a ****ty father, which he isn’t exactly proving wrong. 

Everyone is running with the “he said something about his kids” accusation now without a single clip of it (AFAIK).

Im just laughing at this whole, “Colby ain’t about that life!!!” crap….about what life, being a thug and cheap shotting someone?

6 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

This is what’s crazy about social media….everyone keeps saying Colby talked about Jorge’s kids, but all I can find is that he said Jorge was a ****ty father, which he isn’t exactly proving wrong. 

Everyone is running with the “he said something about his kids” accusation now without a single clip of it (AFAIK).

Im just laughing at this whole, “Colby ain’t about that life!!!” crap….about what life, being a thug and cheap shotting someone?

I don't agree with the way Masvidal handled it, especially after you just got 50-44d by the guy literally two weeks prior but what did Colby honestly expect. That it was over after that grapplefest? He knows Jorge as well as anyone and knows this is how Masvidal gets down. They both live in the same city and frequent the same spots, it was bound to happen eventually. 

And let's not act like Colby is some respectful trash talker who doesn't talk about families. Dude literally will cross any line. He's the same guy who put Poiriers wife picture on his crotch, said he was Poiriers kid dad, talked mess about Usmans incarcerated dad etc. Dude was literally taking pictures with Jorges ex wife lol.. You talk crap like that just to sell a fight you gotta be on high alert at all times. 

Both guys come away from this situation looking dumb and I can't feel sorry for either one. I just hope we don't have to see a rematch

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I don't agree with the way Masvidal handled it, especially after you just got 50-44d by the guy literally two weeks prior but what did Colby honestly expect. That it was over after that grapplefest? He knows Jorge as well as anyone and knows this is how Masvidal gets down. They both live in the same city and frequent the same spots, it was bound to happen eventually. 

And let's not act like Colby is some respectful trash talker who doesn't talk about families. Dude literally will cross any line. He's the same guy who put Poiriers wife picture on his crotch, said he was Poiriers kid dad, talked mess about Usmans incarcerated dad etc. Dude was literally taking pictures with Jorges ex wife lol.. You talk crap like that just to sell a fight you gotta be on high alert at all times. 

Both guys come away from this situation looking dumb and I can't feel sorry for either one. I just hope we don't have to see a rematch

I completely agree Colby is ****** and says terrible stuff, and him being open about it being an act doesn't negate how bad it is. But it's like Colby was facing some respectful fighter like GSP lol, he was facing a dude that has said horrible crap about opponents, openly mocked KO'd fighters that were getting medical attention, and constantly talks about others in derogatory ways, its the only reason he's a popular fighter right now, he's a copycat of Nate Diaz just honestly not as good.

The thing that I laugh at is people somehow justifying/being happy that Colby got assaulted outside of the octagon and lost a tooth or so. Colby and Jorge talked trash leading up to the fight, Colby made Jorge look silly the entirety of the fight, and they both kept talking trash after the fight. So what, Colby is supposed to be ready to get sucker punched/jumped at all times moving forward because Jorge lives "that life"...."that life" being the absolute dumbest **** "code" to live by.

They are both turds, 100%....I just don't quite see how Colby looks bad in this situation at all. 

16 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I completely agree Colby is ****** and says terrible stuff, and him being open about it being an act doesn't negate how bad it is. But it's like Colby was facing some respectful fighter like GSP lol, he was facing a dude that has said horrible crap about opponents, openly mocked KO'd fighters that were getting medical attention, and constantly talks about others in derogatory ways, its the only reason he's a popular fighter right now, he's a copycat of Nate Diaz just honestly not as good.

The thing that I laugh at is people somehow justifying/being happy that Colby got assaulted outside of the octagon and lost a tooth or so. Colby and Jorge talked trash leading up to the fight, Colby made Jorge look silly the entirety of the fight, and they both kept talking trash after the fight. So what, Colby is supposed to be ready to get sucker punched/jumped at all times moving forward because Jorge lives "that life"...."that life" being the absolute dumbest **** "code" to live by.

They are both turds, 100%....I just don't quite see how Colby looks bad in this situation at all. 

He definitely doesn't look bad for pressing charges. He looks just as bad as he did before the altercation.

You can trash talk your opponent all you want, but you can't trash talk their family. Once he does that (especially to the levels he does), he opens himself up to something like this. Doesn't make it right, but he also can't play the innocent card. 

• Like 1