The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

9 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I got a draw.. Yan 1,4 and 5.. Sterling 2 and 3 with a 10-8 round 

Which one was a 10-8? They were basically the same round. 

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I truly don't understand how Aljo won round 1 but here we are.

Yan did nothing. You don't win a round doing nothing. 

Glad Aljo won it, although he should've pushed to win one of 4/5 to seal the deal. He was still +140 after two rounds so i loaded up and finally won a bet for the night! 

Just now, JonStark said:

Which one was a 10-8? They were basically the same round. 

Yan did nothing. You don't win a round doing nothing. 

Glad Aljo won it, although he should've pushed to win one of 4/5 to seal the deal. He was still +140 after two rounds so i loaded up and finally won a bet for the night! 

Aljo did nothing. What is your point?

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Oh and that decision win is going to evolve Chimaev even more, if that's possible. He's not happy with a close win in a war, even if it was to #2. He's going to smash Colby and I'm getting black out drunk for it. 

I've heard Colby was gonna get smashed for the last 2 years. Still the stand out 2nd ranked WW on the planet. Itll be a fun fight 

• Like 1

Just now, JonStark said:

He did more than Yan and all I remember at the time was thinking it was obvious. General consensus around gambling twitter was that Yan needed a finish after 3. 

I mean one judge literally scored the round in favor of Yan so your "it was obvious" take is just wrong. Yan literally controlled the ring for 90% of the first round and Aljo just ran in a circle. No one really landed anything, no one got taken down... If nothing happens I am giving the round to the guy who controlled the octagon better which Yan clearly did.

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

I've heard Colby was gonna get smashed for the last 2 years. Still the stand out 2nd ranked WW on the planet. Itll be a fun fight 

Colby gets underrated because he's such a dirtball, but he can't hang with Khamzat on the feet and I think will struggle with his size on the ground. 

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

Yea, as cringey/****** as he is, dude has a great chin and the best gas tank in the biz.

Im definitely interested in seeing how their wrestling matches up. I feel like Russian/eastern block wrestling lends itself to mma much more so than collegiate here in the states because these guys are usually learning sambo right along with it. 

Yan giving up the first round in all his fights finally caught up to him. I don't think Aljo definitively won the first, but it was close. Neither did anything in that round of significance so I can't see how this is an outrage. 

I also think people overstated how badly Yan was beating up Sterling in their first match. Sterling gassed and definitely was on his way to losing but he took two rounds off Yan in that fight, too.