The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

2 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

After seeing Chimaev last night I think Usman should be the favorite by a decent margin.

Dont get me wrong Chimaev proved he is elite, but the jump in competition showed that he’s human.

True but I feel like if Khamzat lands the shots that Burns and Colby did, he has a better chance of finishing. If Burns was more aggressive he could've finished Usman after that big shot.

colby just has pillow hands 

Burns/Chimaev was fantastic. Rest of the fights kind of meh. But seeing Volk’s skills was a nice sight. Zombie should of never git a title shot… they just ran out of competitors. 

Who is the P4P best at this point? Usman definitely #1, Volk definitely #2. Would we put Chimaev #3? Usman vs Chimaev gonna be SUPER hyped… that’s gonna be the first time two Top 3 P4P’s face each other since Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier. 

Also I thought Yan won Rounds 1, 4, and 5…. but I’m use to the champion advantage. Winning 3 close rounds will almost never “win” you the championship. You need to win four close rounds or three decisive rounds. I like to call it the “hidden” championship advantage. 

10 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

For me it's about resume and everything Jones done in the past 3-4 years is more impressive than anything Usman has done against Masvidal. Personally I think Volk should be above Usman. 

We'll have to disagree there. Usman has never really been in trouble in his fights and the two wins over Colby (including a finish) and the finish of Burns gives him the edge over Bones' decisions. I jsut wish Santos didn't tear up his knee because he was gonna win that fight. 

23 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Being suspended for 2 years and then beating Cory sandhagen is impressive to me.

After guys get suspended they just get treated like they suck at fighting which isn't the case. 

It's a impressive accomplishment but that Dillashaw wasnt a better fighter then Petr Yan like previously mentioned 

4 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I like Sterling over Dillashaw tbh 

The rivalry with TAM was entertaining but I think we overrated Dillashaw and Garbrandt a bit.

I think there is too much recency bias and fighters are automatically mediocre after serving a suspension lol 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I think there is too much recency bias and fighters are automatically mediocre after serving a suspension lol 

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Steroid bias as well. Cant be overlooked in combat sports. Alot of late 00/early 10s fighters careers ended when USADA started testing more frequently. That's not debatable. I highly doubt his speed and endurance is the same after 2 years and taking roids. 

Dillashaw is a good fighter but speed kills in the lower weight classes 

2 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Steroid bias as well. Cant be overlooked in combat sports. Alot of late 00/early 10s fighters careers ended when USADA started testing more frequently. That's not debatable. I highly doubt his speed and endurance is the same after 2 years and taking roids. 

Dillashaw is a good fighter but speed kills in the lower weight classes 

Which doesn't change the fact that he's a better wrestler than Yan and better on the feet than sterling