The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

I had Till edging it, but honestly rounds 3-5 were so close, it wasn't a bad call either way. Whittaker had more volume, but a lot of that was to the leg, while I think Till had the more impactful shots when he landed. Plus Till was better defensively - making Whittaker miss more and defending takedowns - which I don't think is factored into decisions enough.

Again, nothing wrong with the decision though. Just glad neither guy took a heavy loss, and both can move forward in the division.

17 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Geez, that just doesnt seem right. Not saying I dont believe you but damn

i was curious about this so did a quick google search. Everywhere I can find, he says (and it varies) hes around 180ish-185 when he goes into camp. That doesnt mean he doesnt get fat for a few weeks after a fight and get north of 200, but doesnt seem like his real walking weight is that high. Which lines up with what you see visually.

39 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i was curious about this so did a quick google search. Everywhere I can find, he says (and it varies) hes around 180ish-185 when he goes into camp. That doesnt mean he doesnt get fat for a few weeks after a fight and get north of 200, but doesnt seem like his real walking weight is that high. Which lines up with what you see visually.

Its similar to khabib. When he was struggling to make weight he was up around 205 and would start camps north of 190. Since he got his nutritionist a few years back his heaviest out of camp weight now is closer to 190.

On 7/25/2020 at 4:55 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

lmao at hardy screaming at herb to stop the fight

pretty sure herb turned around and told to shut up lol

i didn't think the stoppage was terrible

I could see how it looked like he was trying to defend himself even tho he prob just stiffened up

8 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Well looks like they have a date for the LW Championship

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/07/khabib-nurmagomedov-justin-gaethje-october-24-dana-white

Can't wait for all the Khabib haters to justify how Gaethje is gonna win this one handily....how Khabib's resume sucks....etc......

Gaethje will definitely be Khabib's toughest test yet, but I'd still take him to win. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)