The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

Really good match up Islam and Alex were. Both had their moments, but I had it 3-1 Islam heading into the 5th and Alex didn't do enough to get a 10-8 in the final round so it was 3-2 Islam on my card. I had Islam winning the 1st, 2nd, and 4th rounds. Alex rounds 3 and 5. Islam can finish anyone on the ground and Alex fought out of every attempt, really impressed with his submission/grappling defense. Islam also proved he can strike. Frequently showcasing sniper like shots and being active with his knees. Alex landed the best shots and had the best round. If the fight was scored on a 25 minute basis, it easily should have been Alex. Islam also appeared to be gassed in the 5th and Alex looked pretty fresh.

Also, gotta say how disappointed I was from the amount of fence grabs on this card to prevent takedowns.

I would watch that match up 10 times.

Edited by Slappy Mc

56 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Islam did absolutely nothing in round 2 so I can't see an argument for him getting round 2. Volk easily gets 3 and 5. 

Volk outlanded him in SS and was always moving forward. And Islam's control time was even outside of the 4th round 

Islam got a take down and controlled it more in round 2. Kind of sucks but that wins you a round

2 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I mean, he was -400 favorite….most people figured a finish (sub) within 3.

It shouldn't diminish what Islam did.  Volk was considered the 1 or 2 pound for pound fighter in the world.  People are raving about how well Volk faired against him, and that's great....bravo dude...you hung with the lightweight champ, and you are a featherweight.  He still lost the fight.....just sayin

59 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

It shouldn't diminish what Islam did.  Volk was considered the 1 or 2 pound for pound fighter in the world.  People are raving about how well Volk faired against him, and that's great....bravo dude...you hung with the lightweight champ, and you are a featherweight.  He still lost the fight.....just sayin

He really didn’t though….yes he got more points….but he did not win the fight in the eyes of most

I don’t think anyone is taking anything away from Islam, they know he’s a fantastic fighter, but most people don’t think he “won the fight” and that’s how they are approaching discussions. 

Edited by Pats#1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Man, you get Islam's nuts any deeper down your throat you're gonna start needing your stomach pumped. 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

53 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

He really didn’t though….yes he got more points….but he did not win the fight in the eyes of most

I don’t think anyone is taking anything away from Islam, they know he’s a fantastic fighter, but most people don’t think he “won the fight” and that’s how they are approaching discussions. 

Most iconic part was when Volk was on top of him and Islam had the look of a panicking ghost on his face 

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

Most people did think that Islam won 3-2...lol

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303