The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Now he's just a businessman and actor playing at who Conor McGregor was before. Willing to embarrass himself repeatedly to keep his brand relevant and big money purses supplementing his already vast fortune. I mean for the most part, his natural charisma is all gone, his in ring/fighting ability is gone, and his time in the sport is way past done. Denying this gets you what you saw, a man with a broken ankle ranting from the floor of the octagon.

It's hard to predict what his true bottom will end up being, but it's likely going to be crazy ugly.

The true bottom is Conor not being able to separate Conor McGregor the person and Conor McGregor the character he's playing and ending up doing something very very stupid that has longstanding repercussions. He's a bit of a loose canon and he's almost gotten burned by it as recently as the last few years. Dancing with trouble

9 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

10-9 Dustin for sure. Definitely not a 10-8.

I agree it should've been a 10-9 but I think what he's saying is the judges scored that. Conor would've had a major uphill battle going into Round 2, down 2 points and given his track record he's probably need a R2 finish because 3-4-5 likely would be Dustin's place to shine. If it went to a decision after a 10-8 R1, Conor would need to win 3 of the 4 just to draw(unless he got a 10-8 himself which is possible)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, djw4bucs said:

Am i the only one who wants Olivera to retain against Dustin just so conor can stay far away from the title.

If conor is gonna fight again id rather it be vs Ferguson since both are considered to be on the downhill slope of their careers.

I agree moreso with the "I want Conor away from the belt" moreso than just wanting Olives to win. I love Charles and been a big fan for a while even when at FW beating cans, but I'll just love to see the Olives/Diamond fight. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

10-9 Dustin for sure. Definitely not a 10-8.

That's how I scored it too, but what I scored it as is irrelevant. Two out of three judges scored it a 10-8, and Poirier historically gets better as the fight goes on while Conor gets worse. Conor wasn't winning that fight.

18 minutes ago, pwny said:

Trash. People will say he was in a sort of shock from his injury but that doesn't make you a completely different person. I said all week that his trash talk was off from the old Conor (it seemed weak and forced), but this just proves that he's not mentally there. I don't know if the pressure of possibly being one loss away from losing his status got to him or what, but this looks bad.

Imagine if that was Khabib instead of Dustin. Khabib would've bumrushed him and tore his ankle right off. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Trash. People will say he was in a sort of shock from his injury but that doesn't make you a completely different person. I said all week that his trash talk was off from the old Conor (it seemed weak and forced), but this just proves that he's not mentally there. I don't know if the pressure of possibly being one loss away from losing his status got to him or what, but this looks bad.

Imagine if that was Khabib instead of Dustin. Khabib would've bumrushed him and tore his ankle right off. 

There is definitely a point where the "hyping" of a potential 4th fight goes too far.  Conor always does more than just push the envelope.  He is cringey with his talk of other fighters families.  Some might call it genius, because it has random people talking about it, and that's exactly what he wants.  I think it makes him look desperate!

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

There is definitely a point where the "hyping" of a potential 4th fight goes too far.  Conor always does more than just push the envelope.  He is cringey with his talk of other fighters families.  Some might call it genius, because it has random people talking about it, and that's exactly what he wants.  I think it makes him look desperate!

This one felt different though. He never used to be cringey with it like he was this past week. 

I honestly think Khabib broke him. Conor talked his crap, Khabib made him pay for it, and he hasn't been the same since. Every since then it was nice Conor (vs Cowboy), nice Conor (vs Poirier), and then whatever we got this time. It was like he had a breakdown knowing that his time in the lime light could be nearing it's end. He definitely looked desperate this time, but I never noticed it before that. 

42 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

It’s also pretty obvious that this had nothing to do with hyping a 4th fight. He said it without a microphone in his face, with no knowledge that this could ever see the light of day. And it’s certainly not something that would ever be used as a sound bite to hype up another fight. He went from *I’ll kill your wife in her sleep* when he didn’t have a mic in his face to “your wife is in my DM’s” when he was doing anything that could resemble an act to promote a future fight.

This also kills the narrative that he’s “always humble after the fight is over win or lose (unless his opponent isn’t humble)”. Because nothing Poirier did prior to the announcement of him being the winner justified any type of trash talk.

5 hours ago, JonStark said:

That's how I scored it too, but what I scored it as is irrelevant. Two out of three judges scored it a 10-8, and Poirier historically gets better as the fight goes on while Conor gets worse. Conor wasn't winning that fight.

Oh I agreed. If he didn't catch him in the first couple minutes of the 2nd, no way he wins the fight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Anyone defending Mcgregor as a person is just a downright delusional fanboy. Openly threatening to kill a man's wife in her sleep is a new low even for the guy that assaulted an elderly man in a bar. The guy is and has always been a POS. 

He really has a dark energy to him nowadays. 

I must've missed this part. All I heard was blable blable you're your wifes' b  itch.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)