The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

This is the free agency thread. We are discussing the need for more improvement, through free agency, needed on offense.

The only person bitching in this thread is you.

Can we actually talk about that then please? Go ***** about Nagy and Ryan Pace in the Jimmy Graham thread. 

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Can we actually talk about that then please? Go ***** about Nagy and Ryan Pace in the Jimmy Graham thread. 

We are.

The Bears need to improve the talent on the offense, because simply getting back to 2018 levels of production isn't going to be good enough, unless the defenses loses its mind again.

I am open to discussing how we do that at this point in free agency.

At this point we are also so far down the comp pick rabbit hole maybe we just focus on that and look for pick swap trades and cut players.

Currently 

5th-Kwik

6th-Nick Williams

HHCD, KPL, rumor is Lucas, could all factor into that as well.

We could max out our comp picks and still sign a player that counts if those guys get paid.

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

Cam Newton...I dunno how I feel about him. Have to see how his rehab is going. He's been beat up quite a bit. But certainly in a higher tier than all these other QBs. Can't imagine he'd get much via trade. 

You have to think that if Pace likes TE's with damaged knees, maybe he likes QB's with damaged lower halves?

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Looks like Bridgewater to Carolina is gaining steam.

Dalton will go to NE, and the Bears will be left with... *crickets*

I don't know who New England is going to get. That's what really is going to move the market. I don't see Cam Newton going there.