The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yes.

I'm warming up to it, honestly. He does get a tremendous amount of pressure. From what I've read his teammates love him. If he just gets 8 sacks it'll be beneficial, and again considering it's really only a 2-3 year deal, so what?

He is 100x the pass rusher that Floyd is.

It is an upgrade and push financially. I really like the move.

We need to do some work on offense now.

7 minutes ago, howru8888 said:

Oh for sure he will but there's always those little tricks with the cap and base salary etc etc etc that can save them money in 20 and 21 where they would have the high priced Vet QB and when they're gone Robinson's deal balloons up

Yeah, I'm not worried about cap space in 2021 and beyond. This year is looking rough though.  

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He is 100x the pass rusher that Floyd is.

It is an upgrade and push financially. I really like the move.

We need to do some work on offense now.

I think you'll see WR and OG in the draft...

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think you'll see WR and OG in the draft...

I would really like to add an OT, the draft is so deep, maybe kick him inside as a rookie to compete with [insert mid level vet] that way if Massie sucks kick the rookie back outside.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yeah, I'm not worried about cap space in 2021 and beyond. This year is looking rough though.  

What's your guess on how much the Bears now have left?

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I really wish Brady would just sign with the Bears already so that teams can decide what to do with other QB's like Rivers, Cam, Foles, Dalton, etc.

Fixed.

19 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I wouldn't worry too much.  They're talking about a 2021 cap in the 220-230 mil range and maybe 250 mil in 2022.  All of these deals are borrowing against future cap space.  That's at least one reason the numbers are as big as they are.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

What's your guess on how much the Bears now have left?

It's probably somewhat fluid.  Floyd's release just took $13 mil off the books and once Long comes off that's another $8 mil without even having to do any restructuring so far.  Once we have a deal for a QB then we may need to move some salary money around.

2 minutes ago, soulman said:

It's probably somewhat fluid.  Floyd's release just took $13 mil off the books and once Long comes off that's another $8 mil without even having to do any restructuring so far.  Once we have a deal for a QB then we may need to move some salary money around.

Well, of course it's fluid. Quinn and Floyd's money this year is practically a wash. I was thinking in the 15-20M range still counting the money they'll save by axing Braunecker, Shaheen and Long.

Edited by beardown3231

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Well, of course it's fluid. Quinn and Floyd's money this year is practically a wash. I was thinking in the 15-20M range still counting the money they'll save by axing Braunecker, Shaheen and Long.

When I say it's fluid what I mean is they have enough to do whatever it is they have planned including a QB.

Without knowing the precise terms of the deals DT, Graham, and Quinn got it's nearly impossible to be accurate so your guess is as good as any right now.