Hot Fuzz Mafia - Game Over, Town (and Touch) has won!

Daboyle

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:
9 hours ago, Forge said:
10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Yeah, theres a clear 180 turn by Dingo right around the time when daboyle came in to clear him

otherwise, i think scum stayed away from this affair.

@rackcs where are you? i would like to see you post more

Why Rack? 

He might be hiding as scum, thats why rack.

also, im suspect of you as well for avoiding the entire counselor discussion.

You came in strong in seriousness beforehand, but disappeared (minus a throwaway post) while the Thatcher discussion was going on, and then came back when it was resolved

example post before the Counselor discussion

16 hours ago, Forge said:

No reason to go this route yet unless there are legitimate fears that Whicker is paramount to someone's role who is not town friendly, and until I have information on this set up, I'm not going to do that and be afraid of it. Acknowledging him as the innocent child basically means he's mod confirmed town; he just had an activated variant rather than it being disclosed up front. 

example post during

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Oh this is still going? Man these games take foreeeeeeever

Mafia has no incentive to weigh in during the Thatcher discussion. they would be in the spotlight either way, no matter which side they took.

also suspicious of wolfe and md4l for coming in afterwards as well. there might be others that im forgetting.

im thinking that dingo may actually be twlling the truth about sensing that the tide was turning off of counselor. 

the key lynching mistake often made day 1 is paying too much attention to behaviors like dingo did.which is bold proclamations

i bet mafia coasted through the thatcher thing

et80 for now as i think about it

@MWil23  why you recapping what Malf wrote about Forge?  

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It took me over 30 minutes to read through what I've missed, and here's what stuck out, aside from what I've already mentioned:

*Like 2-3 people have claimed some type of "good role"...what are you thinking? Mafia has to be happy.

*Malf has taken people in 2-3 different directions, and his initial post meta at the start of the game looks scummy. That back and forth with Dingo doesn't sit right.

*Forge went from a strong entrance to absence, back to a "meh" response with the Counselor situation. 

*Slappy is my off the wall pick for scum. Trying the self vote "meh I don't wanna be here so I'll just post my PM" schtick is inherently anti-town to the point of where it's a great way to hide in plain sight as scum.

*Gopher looks scummy, or maybe he's trying to be a contrarian. That vote on Whicker shows he wasn't reading.

• Like 1

Late also, but I honestly didn't retain anything from Hot Fuzz, I only saw it once years ago. I got the blu ray this morning at the grocery store (s*** it was 99 cents) so I'll watch it tonight after work. Nothing to do with my role but you know... research purposes.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@MWil23  why you recapping what Malf wrote about Forge?  

It does bring up an interesting point in that Forge did something VERY similar together in both of our back to back games as scum together, (SwAg's WH Mafia and Pokemon Mafia) where he came out strong, ghosted when the heat was on a teammate/Townie so as to seem neutral, and then come back in with a seemingly harmless comment towards the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Dingo

...then I'm still confident in my original GOPHER vote.

I still think Malf is scum, but I need to see today play out. If Dingo flips scum, it's not like Malfatron to lead a bus on a teammate D1.

this feels like the classic "If dingo flips scum, then i trust malf", only you are scum and know dingo is civ. which will then give you a reason to push me tommorrow

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Malf I love you but you're all over the place. Your meta this game is off to a really bad start. You're going right now in about 3 separate directions and taking the reigns in interesting ways.

Good, i dont want to be an easy read, even as civ.

its good to explore different directions in the game. mafia steamrolls when people get too locked into one person

1 hour ago, Dome said:

i wanted someone else to push counselor because I shouldn't be the only one noticing that he's made an impossible claim...

why didn't you notice, btw?

and why are you hung up on that aspect of my counselor push, but not me mixing up the good/bad factions? i mean, that's weird, right?

i didnt get look up the claim until you mentioned it.

mixing up the good/bad factions: i could see it if you didnt read your pm details closely at first 

3 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

Push an agenda ...... by playing devils advocate?  

that’s cute considering I’ve listed you as scum

that was when i thought counselor was scum 

• Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:
1 hour ago, Dome said:

i wanted someone else to push counselor because I shouldn't be the only one noticing that he's made an impossible claim...

why didn't you notice, btw?

and why are you hung up on that aspect of my counselor push, but not me mixing up the good/bad factions? i mean, that's weird, right?

i didnt get look up the claim until you mentioned it.

mixing up the good/bad factions: i could see it if you didnt read your pm details closely at first 

so you must believe that's what happened? at least for now?

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

this feels like the classic "If dingo flips scum, then i trust malf", only you are scum and know dingo is civ. which will then give you a reason to push me tommorrow

I love how much credit people give my scum game. Besides, we'd both know that I don't need a reason to push you. I'll use my lie detector or night invest.

Good, i dont want to be an easy read, even as civ.

The irony here is astounding to me. Bonus points for trying to clearly provoke me.

its good to explore different directions in the game. mafia steamrolls when people get too locked into one person

IMO there's a difference between "exploring other options" as possibilities and yet adamantly steering the narrative towards the outcome that you want. You are teetering much more towards the latter.

The two that stood out the most two me during this whole Counselor thing are Dingo and Whicker. Dingo for reasons already mentioned by others. Whicker spent the entire Counselor affair lining up other lynches and then once Counselor was cleared quickly jumped to Malf. It came across very scummy like he was constantly trying to set up/push lynches before people could find his scummates.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

The two that stood out the most two me during this whole Counselor thing are Dingo and Whicker. Dingo for reasons already mentioned by others. Whicker spent the entire Counselor affair lining up other lynches and then once Counselor was cleared quickly jumped to Malf. It came across very scummy like he was constantly trying to set up/push lynches before people could find his scummates.

@rackcs  Interesting view on things.  You want to join me on a  Whicker train

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Whicker spent the entire Counselor affair lining up other lynches and then once Counselor was cleared quickly jumped to Malf. It came across very scummy like he was constantly trying to set up/push lynches before people could find his scummates.

also, his reaction to a town player being more or less lolcleared by the host was "damnit" 

which was strange. it certainly wasn't my reaction.