NFL - Week 3

WizardHawk

They use words like divisive about the comments made. And yet all of last year with the controversy made by the kneeling, all the rants and speeches made by the players. They sit up in the booths and just twiddle their thumbs, looking up at the sky, pretending nothing is happening. 

Romo should be on the sidelines for a team. The way he sees things so quickly is a better use as a coach than sitting in a booth!

Craziest stat so far this year: The are 1-2, The Giants are 0-3

Jacoby Brisset and Deshaun Watson look like the real deals. Watson is cold under pressure and accurate. Brisset is a fun-having slinger of the ball. Both can kill you with their legs too.

Anyone else wishing TJ Watt was the pick over Charlton? TJ looks like Clowney was supposed to look. Im betting if TJ had a better fit on this D, hed have easily been selected. Thats two Watt's this team barely missed out on - though I think Tyron Smith is much more than a consulation prize.

By seasons end, I bet Dalvin Cook has more rushing yards than Kareem Hunt. Stat book dont show it, but hes getting better. Hunt will have more all purpose, though.

Id rather start Hoyer than Flacco. At least Hoyer can do more than chuck it deep or dump it off.

Brady did his best Eli Manning impression on that final, game winning throw.

The jaguars will come back down to Earth very soon. Their defense, however, will soon be considered one of the elite units. 

6 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I wanted Bowser, who hasn't done much. 

I wanted Watt so badly. I knew he would not fit this defense. But he showed so much overall potential as a player of football that you just knew he would play well in any role. 

Alternatively, I also Kevin King or Malik McDowell, as better fits on the unit. But watt was my #1 overall defensive player left, and probably #3 defensive player in the entire draft. He didnt have the flash, the spectacular resume, or the off the charts measurables, but the kid just damn plays football and he does it very well.

Not that I was or am displeased with the Charlton pick. He has as much pass rush potential as anyone we couldnhave taken, but he was never going to be that immediate impact defender we needed sorely. And when this team takes a first rounder in their POTENTIAL to be good later on rather than select an immediate contributor who is ready now, its backfired. While its been a while since we have missed on a first round pick, Charlton has all the risks of being one.

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I wanted Watt so badly. I knew he would not fit this defense. But he showed so much overall potential as a player of football that you just knew he would play well in any role. 

Alternatively, I also Kevin King or Malik McDowell, as better fits on the unit. But watt was my #1 overall defensive player left, and probably #3 defensive player in the entire draft. He didnt have the flash, the spectacular resume, or the off the charts measurables, but the kid just damn plays football and he does it very well.

Not that I was or am displeased with the Charlton pick. He has as much pass rush potential as anyone we couldnhave taken, but he was never going to be that immediate impact defender we needed sorely. And when this team takes a first rounder in their POTENTIAL to be good later on rather than select an immediate contributor who is ready now, its backfired. While its been a while since we have missed on a first round pick, Charlton has all the risks of being one.

I agree with all of this, and was huge fans of Watt and King.

Wasn't that big of a fan of McDowell,although I would have been happy with him in the 2nd. Thank God we didn't get him. 

Archived