Walter Payton Man of the Year vs MVP

DontTazeMeBro

Walter Payton Man of the Year vs MVP  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more prestigious?

• Man of the Year
    • MVP

17 hours ago, lancerman said:

I can name most MVP’s since the 80’s. I can’t name who was WPMOY last season. 

Unfortunately you are correct.  The only way I can remember who has won this in the past is when they have the emblem on their uniform.  This award should be lauded more by the league and announcers in subsequent years.

Edited by Pugger
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, TENINCH said:

No worries. I don't care about Kobe Bryant.

This is inappropriate.  First of all, what does Kobe Bryant even have to do with this topic?  Secondly, why bring his name up in a negative manner when you know he and his daughter just passed away. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, showtime said:

This is inappropriate.  First of all, what does Kobe Bryant even have to do with this topic?  Secondly, why bring his name up in a negative manner when you know he and his daughter just passed away. 

I feel terrible for kobes family. I didn't know the guy. I don't follow basketball. I don't care about the Lakers. I'm not going to worship what he did playing a kids game.

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I feel terrible for kobes family. I didn't know the guy. I don't follow basketball. I don't care about the Lakers. I'm not going to worship what he did playing a kids game.

yet here you are, on the internet, on a football forum, talking about a kids game....maybe it would've just been better for you not to say anything at all in this case?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

yet here you are, on the internet, on a football forum, talking about a kids game....maybe it would've just been better for you not to say anything at all in this case?

I would just let it go. He brings up Kobe Bryant, in a thread about NFL awards where not one person is even talking about him.  He proceeds to say something negative about someone he knows just passed away.  He clearly wants attention and he got it, which is something only a kid, teenager or miserable person would do.  Thus, it's not even worth acknowledging him anymore.  I just wanted to make it clear to him that it wasn't appropriate.

Anyways, the thread can go on with the discussion the OP intended for.

• Like 2

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Maybe since we are talking about a kids game you shouldn't be so sensitive. Go to a basketball forum and cry about him. I feel terrible for his wife and kids but it doesn't affect my life in any way.

Stop treating these players like they are God's gift to your life. They don't care about you.