Walter Payton Man of the Year vs MVP

DontTazeMeBro

Walter Payton Man of the Year vs MVP  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more prestigious?

• Man of the Year
    • MVP

On 1/31/2020 at 3:12 PM, DontTazeMeBro said:

I keep hearing Man of the Year is the NFLs most prestigious award. While I think it’s honorable and a great accomplishment I would have to go with MVP. Reasons being 

-Man of the Year has nothing to do with football 

-I know everyone who has won MVP for almost 30 years and only know a few Payton award winners 

-MVP is discussed and debated about all season and moty really isn’t talked about that much 

Now I do have a major qualm with MVP which is that it’s almost exclusively limited to 2 positions and increasingly 1 position.

I think a lot of people would probably tend to agree with this.  MVP is probably the most prestigious individual award a player could get, just short of being Superbowl MVP.

Mvp is obviously the best. It’s great that they do charity and are good people off the field, but literally nobody cares about the man of the year award. I couldn’t name a single one and if I could, I’d expect people to think less of me. 

The NFL is pumping the narrative that the MOY award is more prestigious because they are the most B.S. P.C. company in the world. Of course they want people to think they have a bunch of choir boys playing the game when in reality, there is a surplus of scum in the league. 

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I feel terrible for kobes family. I didn't know the guy. I don't follow basketball. I don't care about the Lakers. I'm not going to worship what he did playing a kids game.

You are certainly free to feel that way.

But to say you dont care about Kobe, who just died with his 13 year old daughter, FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER SINCE THE THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM AND NO ONE ELSE MENTIONED HIM, is just ridiculously bad taste.

If you dont care, so be it, but there was ABSOLUTELY ZERO reason to say it.

Personally I would feel better about myself for winning Man of the Year. 

BUT

The voting for that award is 100% subjective, so it's hard to view it as a true superlative.

MVP is partly subjective as well, of course, but it's at least based on objectively definable accomplishments.