If the Raiders signed Brady, would you pursue Carr?

malagabears

Can you imagine Rosen's situation?  What are odds?  

If you are an early first round QB you figure you are going to get every opportunity with team that drafted you for at least four years unless you get seriously hurt or in trouble. 

I never thought he would be good, but he got a bum deal as these things go. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Rosen may get released, no? Unless they get Tua and he’s basically medically redshirted for 2020 Rosen is no better than their #3 if they even keep 3. I think he’s trash personally, but if one were inclined to trade for him you could surely get him for a song. I’m talking Eddie Pineiro trade level compensation. 

I'm being sarcastic. @RunningVaccs loves him so I couldn't believe he didn't mention him as an option

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Rosen may get released, no? Unless they get Tua and he’s basically medically redshirted for 2020 Rosen is no better than their #3 if they even keep 3. I think he’s trash personally, but if one were inclined to trade for him you could surely get him for a song. I’m talking Eddie Pineiro trade level compensation. 

At this point, yeah, he certainly could. Hard to believe how bizarre things have gotten around the league, as far as the QB position goes. 

We've already disagreed on this issue, so I won't hash it out.

Rosen is worth a look, at a very cheap price, beyond a doubt. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

At this point, yeah, he certainly could. Hard to believe how bizarre things have gotten around the league, as far as the QB position goes. 

We've already disagreed on this issue, so I won't hash it out.

Rosen is worth a look, at a very cheap price, beyond a doubt. 

Oh I’d look at him for a conditional late round pick for sure. I just wouldn’t have high expectations. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They'll get him for nothing. Sign him to the vet minimum. 

And then he'll beat out Trubisky. xD

It begins...

But seriously, if you're the Bears, you kind of need to get lucky at QB right now

Sign a vet, but if you're not going to draft a QB, I would be fine with giving a sixth for Rosen. He looks a little like Aron Rodgers!

• Like 1

I only read a few pages back in this thread so I'm not sure if he as been discussed, but what about Teddy Bridgewater?  He would be MORE THAN good enough to get you guys deep into the playoffs.  He will be somewhat costly, but he is a free agent, so you wouldn't have to give up any draft picks for him.  You would probably just have to clear some cap space, but to get a good quarterback, it's worth it to do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I only read a few pages back in this thread so I'm not sure if he as been discussed, but what about Teddy Bridgewater?  He would be MORE THAN good enough to get you guys deep into the playoffs.  He will be somewhat costly, but he is a free agent, so you wouldn't have to give up any draft picks for him.  You would probably just have to clear some cap space, but to get a good quarterback, it's worth it to do that.

I think we're put off by the cost. I also haven't seen a lot of discussion about it, but I get the feeling that most think Loomis will make sure he stays in the bayou...

25 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I think we're put off by the cost. I also haven't seen a lot of discussion about it, but I get the feeling that most think Loomis will make sure he stays in the bayou...

He may but if he's smart, he takes the biggest deal out there. I applaud him for taking his time and getting healthy, but he went 5-0 this year. Now is his time to get paid

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He may but if he's smart, he takes the biggest deal out there. I applaud him for taking his time and getting healthy, but he went 5-0 this year. Now is his time to get paid

Unfortunately for him, he may not really be getting "paid" by anyone. 

Maybe the Chargers? 

I dunno...

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I just keep thinking about the Bears and how frustrating it has to be as a fan to have made a move up to get your QB and you just got the wrong guy.  It can and has happened to pretty much every team, but that doesn't make it any easier when it happens to you.  It sounds like a lot of people in here think the Bears will want to keep Trubisky and give him another chance this year in hope he figures it out.  Personally, I just don't see it happening. 

What I've been thinking is that it might be in the best interest of your GM and HC to do like Arizona did last year.  They felt that they whiffed on a QB that they had taken high in the draft, but rather than burying their heads in the sand on the situation and just hoping that it fixes itself, they decided to meet it head-on and resolve the mistake immediately.  I actually like Rosen, but it does look like Murray is going to be a good one for them.  If that happens, everybody will pretty much forget about the mistake they made with Rosen.  I'm wondering if stumping up the money required to get a quality QB like Teddy might do the same for the Bears.  It obviously hurts to see Watson in the playoffs and Mahomes actually going all the way, but if you could add a guy like Teddy to a great defense and try to add a piece here or there to give some additional weapons, it might make the whole situation a lot more palatable than watching Trubisky flounder for another whole season and then have to start all over again next year with your roster another year older.  Those are just my two cents from a semi-Bears fan looking in from a distance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Chargers, Bucs, Panthers, Colts, Raiders all seem logical, although the latter two are unlikely

Dark horse for me for Teddy is Miami. Tons of cap space, no state tax, South Beach, and can realistically give him a franchise LT, a #1 WR and Swift/Dobbins at RB just with their 1st round picks, then still have 2 2nd round picks to fortify the rest of the lineup.