2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Oh good, an hour into tampering and we’ve already lost a starter and, more importantly, the guy who probably should have been our top target in this FA market.

I’m glad for Flowers, he played well for us last season and he was a great teammate from everything I could see, so good for him. 

If Hooper got 4/$44M, and we didn’t want to get on that level, we really missed the boat there. That’s not an insane contract, and the guy is a rock solid two-way TE who just turned 25. What else are we going to do at the position? Overspend on a bum like Eric Ebron, most likely. 

My favorite part is fans on twitter claiming this is fiscal responsibility like this team hasn’t done this exact same thing the entire Allen tenure. This was their script the whole time. I don’t see what has changed in that regard? None of this means we won’t make a significant move but it just seems to be playing out the exact same way it has beforehand. 

9 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Oh good, an hour into tampering and we’ve already lost a starter and, more importantly, the guy who probably should have been our top target in this FA market.

I’m glad for Flowers, he played well for us last season and he was a great teammate from everything I could see, so good for him. 

If Hooper got 4/$44M, and we didn’t want to get on that level, we really missed the boat there. That’s not an insane contract, and the guy is a rock solid two-way TE who just turned 25. What else are we going to do at the position? Overspend on a bum like Eric Ebron, most likely. 

My guess is he didn't want to come and play for the Redskins. It's not always about $. If we were offering the same and he chose the Browns over us, that just shows us what the state of our franchise is in and we aren't going to be able to start getting the top level FAs w/o Haskins staring to prove himself and w/o the Redskins being able to show they can be a consistent winner.

they said the Texans were desperate for picks the other day but honestly they could have traded Hopkins for a late first IMO and from there traded down to acquire more. That’s what I would of done instead of having to pay David Johnson’s Contract

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I’m glad we didn’t overpay for Hooper or Flowers. Interested to see if they reach deals with Scherff and possibly Dunbar.

Hope Twill is traded before the draft  

We have so much cap space, so we have flexibility. 

Not so sure Hopper got overpaid, but Flowers definitely did.

No way they should extend Dunny w/o him proving he can play near 16 games in a season.

Not sure what will happen w/ TWILL. If his demands stay above $20 m per year on avg, I don't think we’ll be able to trade him. I think he’ll have to play the final year of his contract in DC.

• Like 1