2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't see what's wrong with Terry, Steven Sims & Kelvin Harmon plus a rookie we’d hopefully draft.

Haskins showed growth the final 4 or 5 games he played with those WRs did he not?

TE is a concern, they need to add a vet there to help and draft a young TE to develop.

The Oline needs help as well. While all 4 of those guys had good to great season last yeat there's no guarantee they will produce the same this year and you can't rule out injury. So far they've done nothing yo help thier Franchise QB who is going in his 2nd season learning a new offense with multiple wholes on it. Yet Haskins will have to take all of the blame when things go wrong. 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think Trent is going to have to play his final year in DC unless, he's traded to say Tampa to block for Brady.

This is where I think it’s headed, Trent to TB. 

I made the argument the other day for LAC needing Trent if they signed Brady, but I think the same holds for TB. They have to be all-in to win right now. Donovan Smith is not a guy to whom you entrust a 43-year-old statue’s blindside, but he could likely hold up at RT. Enter Trent. They’re already pretty solid on the IOL, so that one addition would really get them there in terms of their OL.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The Oline needs help as well. While all 4 of those guys had good to great season last yeat there's no guarantee they will produce the same this year and you can't rule out injury. So far they've done nothing yo help thier Franchise QB who is going in his 2nd season learning a new offense with multiple wholes on it. Yet Haskins will have to take all of the blame when things go wrong. 

I think the ”need” of an entire upgrade at OL has been something this fanbase has greatly over exaggerated especially since we haven't moved Trent yet.

I think you have to give the young guys a chance to develop and grow together. I'm glad it seems so far that they are getting that chance.

If Haskins can't handle criticism when the team losses - which he proved last year he could - then, he isn't the guy we need lading this franchise in the future anyway. I could care less about someones feelings.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think the ”need” of an entire upgrade at OL has been something this fanbase has greatly over exaggerated especially since we haven't moved Trent yet.

I think you have to give the young guys a chance to develop and grow together. I'm glad it sees so far that they are getting that chance.

If Haskins can't handle criticism when the team losses - which he proved last yrs he could - then, he isn't the guy we need lading this franchise in the future anyway. I could care less about someones feelings.

You thinking it's exaggerated and FACTS that the OLine actually needs upgrading is 2 different things. It's Facts the line needs upgrading. Espeically if your gonna lose Trent. You can't expect great things from your QB with a subpar OLine. Haskins isn't Arron Rodger's. 

12 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You thinking it's exaggerated and FACTS that the OLine actually needs upgrading is 2 different things. It's Facts the line needs upgrading. Espeically if your gonna lose Trent. You can't expect great things from your QB with a subpar OLine. Haskins isn't Arron Rodger's. 

Our OL is not that bad. I see Wes Martin & Ereck Flowers as pretty much equal. If & when we lose Trent then, yes, we’ll have to replace him. 

Of course, Haskins isn't Aaron Rodgers. 

Why is that a thing? What are we even discussing here?

We will find out what these young guys have this year. It's Rivera’s first year, it's an evaluation year. I like that approach. I never had the 2020 Redskins pegged as a playoff team in 2020. Hopefully, the young guys show enough where they can develop and we can be a playoff team in 2021. We won't know that until we play the games though.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

The teams biggest weakness behind QB. 
no LT. Penn is old Christian has to be considered a bust at this point 

No LG- falcon guy a backup. Maybe the kid can play? 

Weak center- if your center can’t move a dt on a double team you have no chance to run. We need a center 

injured RG

Fat weak blob at RT who wants to be a radio personality 

giphy.gif
I expect the Panther LT to sign

Edited by Doc Draper

Anybody see what Breeland said when asked about a return to Washington with fuller and Dunbar?

he said “that S***t would be fire, bring back the 2015 team that won the division”

im down for a Breeland signing at the right cost I think he would require around 6-8 mill a season.

dunbar and Breeland on the outside with fuller in the slot, rounding out with Moreau and Moreland as depth would be solid! Sign me up for it

draft chase. Dline is solid, linebackers great completion, and solid secondary. Could be a good defense!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I can’t imagine we’ll bring Breeland back but I wouldn’t be against it. They really need to work something out with Dunbar though. He shouldn’t be playing for $3M a year. Up his deal already. 

He has not proven he can play a full season as a starter. Why would we give him a new deal?

I’d definitely take Bree back that being said I like what Moreau has flashed when healthy and Jimmy Moreland and Stroman has upside as well.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He has not proven he can play a full season as a starter. Why would we give him a new deal?

I’d definitely take Bree back that being said I like what Moreau has flashed when healthy and Jimmy Moreland and Stroman has upside as well.

Completely agree here with you. Dude has to show he can play a complete season. I like him. He has talent. But I'm not upping his deal to where he wants to be paid if he can't show me he can give me 16 games

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

While I also like what Moreau did towards the end of the season he actually hasn’t had that great of a time staying on the field too much it seems. 

as far as stroman goes I just don’t see that he’s done much, Josh Holsey 2.0 in my mind but I hope he proves me wrong. 

has anyone heard anything on Adonis Alexander? Seems like a wasted pick in the compensatory draft. I always thought with his size that we should try him at FS. As it stands right now I don’t see how he makes the team, especially if we sign another corner

Edited by LoganF89