Jump to content
turtle28

Redskins likely to move on from Jordan Reed

Recommended Posts

Yeah, he needs to retire. And we need to move on and use that $8.5m we save to help sign another player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A special talent but as Woz @Woz used to write- “he’s a jaguar but always in the shop” Give me a Pickup Truck that runs everyday and can be used in different ways- catching and blocking  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were Dan Snyder I’d offer him the $8.5M to retire. For his own safety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If I were Dan Snyder I’d offer him the $8.5M to retire. For his own safety. 

That’d be a great gesture from Snyder. I’d tip my cap to him if he does.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ba09b59a475723de84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If I were Dan Snyder I’d offer him the $8.5M to retire. For his own safety. 

The money is probably why he isn't going to retire.  If he retires, he forfeits it.  At this point, they have to cut him and he still gets the guaranteed money, or they can come up with an injury settlement, but for the NFLPA to approve of it, it would have to cover at least the guaranteed money he is still owed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The money is probably why he isn't going to retire.  If he retires, he forfeits it.  At this point, they have to cut him and he still gets the guaranteed money, or they can come up with an injury settlement, but for the NFLPA to approve of it, it would have to cover at least the guaranteed money he is still owed.  

His signing bonus is $1.8 so is that what he gets if he retires?

$1.8 doesn’t sound like a bad retirement to me.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

His signing bonus is $1.8 so is that what he gets if he retires?

$1.8 doesn’t sound like a bad retirement to me.

He has to repay a pro-rated portion of the signing bonus, and other deferred money such as restructure bonuses get accelerated.  The team can spread that hit over two years.  

So Reed, and also Alex Smith, hanging on for all of that money makes a whole lot more sense than retiring.  It's similar in baseball, where a player would rather be declared "medically unable to play" than retire.  That's what Prince Fielder did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such an absolute shame that he’s been so plagued by injuries, because he’s the closest thing we’ve had to a transcendent talent at the skill positions in many many years. 

I think we forget how good Jordan Reed was when he was on the field. Not just a “good” receiver, and honestly “great” might even be selling him short. In his first 40 games, he caught 224 passes. Where does that rank among TEs all time? First. All time. Next closest is (the elder) Kellen Winslow with 204 receptions in his first 40 games. Gronk, Gates, Gonzalez, Kittle, Kelce, Witten, Olsen, Ertz? Not one of them within 40 receptions of Reed in their first 40 games. He and Ertz entered the league at the same time (2013), and Reed caught 101 more passes in his first 40 games than did Ertz. It’s really mind blowing.  

When you throw in WRs, that reception total of 224 in the first 40 games is still 6th all time. He also ranks 4th in yardage and 10th in TDs among TEs in that first 40 game span. 

If we had a healthy Jordan Reed in his prime to go with McLaurin and Guice, we really would be on the verge of something special offensively. Having to move forward without him has been a huge loss for this team, probably for the league as a whole, and it will continue to be — but I hope he’s able to live a happy and healthy life away from the football field, because it’s undeniably time for him to hang it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Such an absolute shame that he’s been so plagued by injuries, because he’s the closest thing we’ve had to a transcendent talent at the skill positions in many many years. 

I think we forget how good Jordan Reed was when he was on the field. Not just a “good” receiver, and honestly “great” might even be selling him short. In his first 40 games, he caught 224 passes. Where does that rank among TEs all time? First. All time. Next closest is (the elder) Kellen Winslow with 204 receptions in his first 40 games. Gronk, Gates, Gonzalez, Kittle, Kelce, Witten, Olsen, Ertz? Not one of them within 40 receptions of Reed in their first 40 games. He and Ertz entered the league at the same time (2013), and Reed caught 101 more passes in his first 40 games than did Ertz. It’s really mind blowing.  

When you throw in WRs, that reception total of 224 in the first 40 games is still 6th all time. He also ranks 4th in yardage and 10th in TDs among TEs in that first 40 game span. 

If we had a healthy Jordan Reed in his prime to go with McLaurin and Guice, we really would be on the verge of something special offensively. Having to move forward without him has been a huge loss for this team, probably for the league as a whole, and it will continue to be — but I hope he’s able to live a happy and healthy life away from the football field, because it’s undeniably time for him to hang it up. 

I absolutely agree. He’s an unbelievable talent. I really hope for his own sake he hangs his cleats up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read that he’s still in concussion protocol six months after the hit! How sad. How can you POSSIBLY lace up the cleats again. Hopefully he don’t suffer brain issues after he retires. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No team will sign him at this point, that’s the reality. No team wants to be that last one that maybe proves to be horrific for him.

Love Jordan Reed, he has a home here in Washington if he needs it I’m sure he will have chances in the media or whatever but this is it for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

No team will sign him at this point, that’s the reality. No team wants to be that last one that maybe proves to be horrific for him.

Love Jordan Reed, he has a home here in Washington if he needs it I’m sure he will have chances in the media or whatever but this is it for him.

I doubt NFL teams really care to be honest with you. Somebody will sign him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I doubt NFL teams really care to be honest with you. Somebody will sign him. 

Who wants to pay a guy to never be on the field?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×