Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted by Thompson/McCarthy?

Darkness

Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

When you ignore the evidence, then there can never be evidence.

What you showed is you didn't understand the points being made in the first place.  Or that you willingly wanted to ignore them.  You provided numbers that had nothing to do with what was being pointed out.  Then you claimed victory.  This is known as a straw man logical fallacy.  Again, something I'm not here for.  I'm here to talk football, not get caught up in personal attack mud flinging.

Seriously guys, this has nothing to do with this thread at this point. Both of you can drop the argument, there's just nothing to gain.

2 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

When you ignore the evidence, then there can never be evidence.

What you showed is you didn't understand the points being made in the first place.  Or that you willingly wanted to ignore them.  You provided numbers that had nothing to do with what was being pointed out.  Then you claimed victory.  This is known as a straw man logical fallacy.  Again, something I'm not here for.  I'm here to talk football, not get caught up in personal attack mud flinging.

The only one ignoring evidence is you.

I showed the Patriots haven't played or sat anyone listed on the IR more than the average around the league. You refused to accept this simply "because".

You made the claim, the onus is on you to prove it, and you've continued to hide behind "I need to be paid to do the research", which is all anyone needs to know about the weight of your accusation.

Youre right, I dont understand your point because I don't even think you understand what you're saying because you've moved the goalposts so much on it since people have picked your accusations apart.

Take for example the link you keep posting about with Spikes and Talib.

Talib says he did in fact have an injury, the Pats simply mislabeled it (Which is obviously BS considering all of the video of him being injured showed it was what the Pats listed and nor what he said, but whatever). That does nothing to give the Pats a competitive advantage. 

Spikes says he was put on IR as punishment.  That does nothing to give the Patriots a competitive advantage.

So please, for the last time, stop hiding behind your (pay me) excuse, it's so obvious that you simply can't back up what you said. 

12 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I responded with facts several times in the last thread, you refused to actually counter any of it.

Facts do upset people...like simply pointing out that a posters bias isn't as hidden as they think. 

Rodgers absolutely has highlights of throws Brady can't make....and Brady has SB highlights of him beating the teams Rodgers lost to in the NFCCG.

I'll take the latter.

I agree that you responded with facts in a previous thread, though they were facts that had nothing to do with what I pointed out.

For someone who names themselves Pats #1, it's no wonder when their bias spurs them to reject objective facts.

Quarterbacks don't win or lose games.  Wins and losses are the product of entire teams, entire organizations, not Quarterbacks.

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm sure part of that "stat" has some weight because of the fact that Rodgers has a tendency to hold onto the ball too long.  As for the OL itself, I think there are times when it was elite, but I'd definitely say it's been in the upper half of OL in the last decade or so.

I'd say it's been hovering about average, last year being one notable exception, which was above average.  There have been a lot of injuries, and OLine reshuffling during Rodgers career.  The starters have definitely been above average for his career, though his starters have missed a lot of games, especially earlier in his career.

18 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

are you ready to respond to your claim that the pack was in the atl game the whole tie? you know, the one that proved to mathematically false?

What?  What I said is that the Packers had the mathematical ability to win the win the game until late in the 4th quarter.  Which is mathematically verifiable.

15 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

I agree that you responded with facts in a previous thread, though they were facts that had nothing to do with what I pointed out.

For someone who names themselves Pats #1, it's no wonder when their bias spurs them to reject objective facts.

Quarterbacks don't win or lose games.  Wins and losses are the product of entire teams, entire organizations, not Quarterbacks.

When you actually have something of substance to post regarding your claim of Belichick cheating the IR the past 15 years, go ahead and post it in the thread that it belongs in. 

As for wins being a product of entire teams, of course....but it isn't an evenly dispersed thing. QBs are usually the driving factor behind those wins when the teams are built around them (like they tend to be with elite QBs).

Rodgers was the main factor is his single SB win....Brady was the main factor in 4 out of the 5 of his SB wins.

25 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Seriously guys, this has nothing to do with this thread at this point. Both of you can drop the argument, there's just nothing to gain.

I agree, the fact that these Patriots fans barged into this thread and started personally attacking someone making an on-topic point they didn't like is rather undesirable.  Bringing up personal attacks and lying about topics on entirely different threads, out of nowhere, when they don't belong.

It would be nice if personal attacks were not allowed on these forums.  Then these Patriots fans would have to respond to these on-topic football facts, rather than start personally attacking the person who points them out.

15 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

The only one ignoring evidence is you.

I showed the Patriots haven't played or sat anyone listed on the IR more than the average around the league. You refused to accept this simply "because".

Proof this is wrong can be found here:

^ As it can so easily can be seen, I agreed with what you pointed out.  Perhaps there's a reason for that.

You made the claim, the onus is on you to prove it, and you've continued to hide behind "I need to be paid to do the research", which is all anyone needs to know about the weight of your accusation.

Evidence was already provided.  When evidence, showing Patriots players saying the Patriots treat their injury reports differently than other teams...when evidence showing the Patriots putting Brady on the injury report for 3 years straight, isn't even counted by you as evidence...it's a reasonable expectation that no evidence will ever be evidence.  Doing weeks of work for free, just to fill a gap in your knowledge, won't alleviate this problem.  It's not something I'm willing to do without being paid.  I'm not a charity.

Youre right, I dont understand your point because I don't even think you understand what you're saying because you've moved the goalposts so much on it since people have picked your accusations apart.

The goalposts were never moved.  Countering an argument that was never made is known as comitting a straw man logical fallacy, not as picking an argument apart.

Take for example the link you keep posting about with Spikes and Talib.

Talib says he did in fact have an injury, the Pats simply mislabeled it (Which is obviously BS considering all of the video of him being injured showed it was what the Pats listed and nor what he said, but whatever). That does nothing to give the Pats a competitive advantage. 

No what was pointed out is that former Patriots players admitted that the Patriots have a different approach to reporting injuries than other teams. 

Spikes says he was put on IR as punishment.  That does nothing to give the Patriots a competitive advantage.

So please, for the last time, stop hiding behind your (pay me) excuse, it's so obvious that you simply can't back up what you said. 

What was pointed out is that former Patriots players admitted that the Patriots have a different approach to reporting injuries than other teams.  This is further evidenced by Brady being on the injury report for 3 years.

^ As it can so easily can be seen, I agreed with what you pointed out.  Perhaps there's a reason for that.

Evidence was already provided.  When evidence, showing Patriots players saying the Patriots treat their injury reports differently than other teams...when evidence showing the Patriots putting Brady on the injury report for 3 years straight, isn't even counted by you as evidence...it's a reasonable expectation that no evidence will ever be evidence.  Doing weeks of work for free, just to fill a gap in your knowledge, won't alleviate this problem.  It's not something I'm willing to do without being paid.  I'm not a charity.

The goalposts were never moved.  Countering an argument that was never made is known as comitting a straw man logical fallacy, not as picking an argument apart.

No what was pointed out is that former Patriots players admitted that the Patriots have a different approach to reporting injuries than other teams. 

What was pointed out is that former Patriots players admitted that the Patriots have a different approach to reporting injuries than other teams.  This is further evidenced by Brady being on the injury report for 3 years.

Havent you been repeatedly to drop this? Ignoring the fact that its an awful argument being made by you, its cluttering the thread and isnt releveant, wanted or needed.

Like I said, until you have any actual evidence of cheating,  I'm done wasting my time with you.

You haven't posted a single piece of evidence supporting your cheating assertion, which you said had demonstrative proof over the past 15 years.

So again, you keep hiding behind your "I need to be paid excuse", and I'll be over here waiting.

As for the topic of this thread. No Rodgers prime hasn't been wasted at all. The team/talent around him had been above average for the majority of his career. Winning 1 SB is really really hard, making it to multiple NFCC Games is really hard. Just because he hasn't matched Brady doesn't mean he's been held back by his team. 

5 hours ago, titans0021 said:

First off, stick to football. Not everything needs to be personal.

Second, in a thread about Aaron Rodgers, Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson, I'm not quite sure how we've ended up on the Patriots use of injury reports.

If you want an answer to this, it's because the poster with an 8 in his name makes a habit of it. It is a frequent occurrence. I'd encourage all Pat fans to put him on ignore so we don't get derailed threads like this. 

Archived