Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted by Thompson/McCarthy?

Darkness

Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Supersuavesky said:

This is, quite frankly, a pretty dumb thread.

A) It's week 2 of the season.

B) He was a game away from the super bowl last season.

Let's not do this.

He was also one quarter of really bad luck away from going to a superbowl in 2014.

5 hours ago, jontat83 said:

So if Rodgers throws the ball in 5 games and in those 5 games the receivers drop the ball which would have resulted in a TD Rodgers is 0-5. Or if Rodgers in 5 games stages a comeback and gets them into FG range and in each 5 games the kicker misses 5 FG's losing them the game then Rodgers is 0-5? The record is solely Rodgers to own?

Just like 'QB wins' it's a meaningless stat that doesn't consider all the variables.

Does anyone watch Rodgers late in games and think wow what a choker?

22 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Why don't we have a thread like this for Brees and Rivers instead?

God I feel bad for them. Might need one for the Seahawks too if they keep putting these truly offensive offensive lines in front of Wilson. Then again he might die before he reaches 30 behind it anyway.

How can you feel bad for QB's that already won rings?

22 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I feel like Belichick and Brady have set such a high bar, that some fanbases unfairly compare their success to the Patriots.    The Packers always have talent on their roster and have made the playoffs every year, including numerous trips to the NFC title game.    While there are better coaches than McCarthy, I think people have unrealistic expectations simply because Rodgers is so good and people think because of that, the Packers should be in the SB all the time.    Some Steeler fans often claim we are wasting Ben, and thats total horsepoo.   I do get annoyed with certain decisions that are and are NOT made, and I will say there are some wasted OPPORTUNITIES....but wasting his career?   No....and the same goes for Rodgers.    

Brees' is being wasted far more than Rodgers..   Luck is on that track as well, but at least he is still pretty young.   

Since Rodgers became the starter in 2008, the Packers have made it to the NFCCG 3 times in 9 seasons.  That seems really low with an all time great QB in his prime IMO.

For reference sake: 

The Seahawks have made it twice in five years.

The 49ers with Kaepernick/Smith made it twice in a short time span. 

Flacco has made it three times.

Hell,  even Mark Sanchez has made it twice.

Matt Ryan has made it twice.

Idk, just seems like 3 times in 9 seasons is low for having an all time great QB when compared to other teams in recent memory with clearly inferior QBs.

2 minutes ago, Darkness said:

The credit being given to GB's "success" with Rodgers at QB reminds of the credit given to CLE's "success" during LeBron's first stint with Cavs. Both players greatness elevated the mediocre teams around them 

By definition, a great player will make a team better. So I agree.

5 hours ago, Darkness said:

Lol! You seriously think the Packers are a .500 team without Rodgers, let alone slightly above? ?

How talent deprived do you think this Packers' roster is?  I mean, I guess it goes back to your opinion of Brett Hundley but the Packers roster isn't void of talent like you (and many others) have implied.  IF you think Hundley can be a good (not great) starting QB, they're probably a 7-9 win team.  If you think he's a great QB, they're a 10+ win team.  If you think he's a bad QB, they're probably a sub-6 win team.

Archived