Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted by Thompson/McCarthy?

Darkness

Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

Belichick cheating on the IR was demonstrated for free.  Former Patriots admitted it and news articles noted it. 

Another Spygate? Former Patriots say team is cheating injury reports

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/another-spygate-former-patriots-say-belichick-is-cheating-injury-reports-032014

Brady's three-year streak on injury report comes to an end

http://archive.boston.com/sports/articles/2008/09/06/bradys_three_year_streak_on_injury_report_comes_to_an_end/

Some of it has already been revealed by reporting.  That costs nothing.  A demonstration of the full extent of the Patriots' cheating the injury report for the past decade and a half, which can be done, would take weeks to compile and write.  Something that I would need to be paid for.  You're not entitled to this information just because you didn't pay attention.  If you truly want to do the research, you can.  If you want me to do it for you, then you're going to need to come up with adequate compensation.

The fact that you came out of nowhere resorting to off topic personal attacks isn't surprising.  It's the typical refuge of those who can't deal with the presented facts.

Yea, you still haven't proved anything. Linking to single off season where the NFL investigated and didn't even give a warning proves zero.

It's also funny considering the two players IR situations you are linking to did nothing to provide the Patriots a competitive advantage. 

You said they was demonstrative evidence OVER THE PAST 15 YEARS that The Patriots have cheated or manipulated the IR more than everyone else. 

I showed that wasn't the case. You blocked your ears and refused to counter it with anything of substance.

Until you do, I can do nothing but accept that you have zero demonstrative evidence to prove your accusations, and your hiding behind your BS "I need to get paid" excuse that is beyond hilarious. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I'd disagree with this sentiment.  The Packers usually have a pretty good OL in front of Rodgers.

Yeah, as a Titans fan that has spent his whole life in Wisconsin, I've seen my share of Packers games. While they've had some injury issues, Rodgers frequently has more time in the pocket than your average NFL quarterback. I'm not sure if they've typically been elite lines (and they haven't been a hugely successful running team), but Rodgers has been protected pretty well over the course of his career.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, as a Titans fan that has spent his whole life in Wisconsin, I've seen my share of Packers games. While they've had some injury issues, Rodgers frequently has more time in the pocket than your average NFL quarterback. I'm not sure if they've typically been elite lines (and they haven't been a hugely successful running team), but Rodgers has been protected pretty well over the course of his career.

I'm sure part of that "stat" has some weight because of the fact that Rodgers has a tendency to hold onto the ball too long.  As for the OL itself, I think there are times when it was elite, but I'd definitely say it's been in the upper half of OL in the last decade or so.

8 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

You know it's okay to admit you have a bias right? It's already extremely obvious and everyone knows it, you don't have to keep pretending that you continue to post the things you do just for the sake of conversation with no agenda behind it. 

You saying things that are obviously false like Brady's highlight film consists of him throwing to wide open receivers, just makes you trying to act unbiased with no agenda ridiculous.

Aaron Rodgers absolutely has athleticism that Brady doesn't and make throws on the run that Brady can't. Brady has also outplayed Aaron Rodgers in the SBs against the two teams he got beat by in the NFCCG.

Rodgers is amazing and is still going, but your constant need to prop Rodgers up by putting Brady down makes you just like the worst Brady and Peyton supporters that used to constantly battle on here 24/7.

Let us know when you're ready to respond to what I write, rather than just respond with personal attacks.  Now I know some facts will generate personal attacks, but I'm not here to respond to those.  I'm here to talk football.

It's a fact that the average Rodgers highlight reel is of amazing plays that Brady doesn't make, while the average highlight reel is of Brady making throws that most QBs can make.  This is indisputable.  It's a reflection of Rodgers' talent in comparison to Brady's.

I have never put Brady down and never propped up Rodgers.  I have pointed out what should be obvious.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm sure part of that "stat" has some weight because of the fact that Rodgers has a tendency to hold onto the ball too long.  As for the OL itself, I think there are times when it was elite, but I'd definitely say it's been in the upper half of OL in the last decade or so.

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of that is factored in if the ranking is based on hurries and QB hits. Rodgers loves to just move around in the pocket to wait for his receivers to get open. Given how often he successfully is able to stand back for four or five seconds until a big play opens it up, you've got to take the negatives that come with it. Actually surprised he didn't get beat up more by the Falcons on Sunday night given the tackle situation. But agreed, of the blame that you can lay on Thompson and McCarthy over the last decade, I don't think any of it should be as a result of line play. They've done a pretty good job of trying to keep him healthy and upright over the course of his career.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of that is factored in if the ranking is based on hurries and QB hits. Rodgers loves to just move around in the pocket to wait for his receivers to get open. Given how often he successfully is able to stand back for four or five seconds until a big play opens it up, you've got to take the negatives that come with it. Actually surprised he didn't get beat up more by the Falcons on Sunday night given the tackle situation. But agreed, of the blame that you can lay on Thompson and McCarthy over the last decade, I don't think any of it should be as a result of line play. They've done a pretty good job of trying to keep him healthy and upright over the course of his career.

All things considered, I thought the OL (OTs in particular) held up reasonably well.  Momentum was lost with the Rodgers fumble (and subsequent return for a TD) and the INT right before halftime.  It's hard enough playing catch up with the Falcons.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I'd disagree with this sentiment.  The Packers usually have a pretty good OL in front of Rodgers.

The numbers are directly from Football Outsiders.  It's an OL that's sometimes been good enough for Rodgers, but hasn't been as good as Brady's.  Rodgers makes his OLine look better with his pocket presence, footwork, mobility, and ability to manipulate the point of attack.

1 minute ago, Revel8 said:

Let us know when you're ready to respond to what I write, rather than just respond with personal attacks.  Now I know some facts will generate personal attacks, but I'm not here to respond to those.  I'm here to talk football.

It's a fact that the average Rodgers highlight reel is of amazing plays that Brady doesn't make, while the average highlight reel is of Brady making throws that most QBs can make.  This is indisputable.  It's a reflection of Rodgers' talent in comparison to Brady's.

I have never put Brady down and never propped up Rodgers.  I have pointed out what should be obvious.

I responded with facts several times in the last thread, you refused to actually counter any of it.

Facts do upset people...like simply pointing out that a posters bias isn't as hidden as they think. 

Rodgers absolutely has highlights of throws Brady can't make....and Brady has SB highlights of him beating the teams Rodgers lost to in the NFCCG.

I'll take the latter.

1 minute ago, Revel8 said:

The numbers are directly from Football Outsiders.  It's an OL that's sometimes been good enough for Rodgers, but hasn't been as good as Brady's.  Rodgers makes his OLine look better with his pocket presence, footwork, mobility, and ability to manipulate the point of attack.

I'm just saying that I disagree with their grades or evaluations.  For the most part, Rodgers operates behind a really good OL.  Is it elite?  Probably not, at least not this year.  But it's not as bad as the numbers are IMO.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Eh, Revel was correct here. Here are the pass-blocking DVOA ranks for GB since Rodgers started (2008 first, 2016 last): 14, 30, 21, 23, 31, 26, 13, 23, 11. Avg of 21, so bottom third or so on average.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Eh, Revel was correct here. Here are the pass-blocking DVOA ranks for GB since Rodgers started (2008 first, 2016 last): 14, 30, 21, 23, 31, 26, 13, 23, 11. Avg of 21, so bottom third or so on average.

I guess I'm skeptical about OL grades, how exactly are they derived?

10 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Yea, you still haven't proved anything. Linking to single off season where the NFL investigated and didn't even give a warning proves zero.

It's also funny considering the two players IR situations you are linking to did nothing to provide the Patriots a competitive advantage. 

You said they was demonstrative evidence OVER THE PAST 15 YEARS that The Patriots have cheated or manipulated the IR more than everyone else. 

I showed that wasn't the case. You blocked your ears and refused to counter it with anything of substance.

Until you do, I can do nothing but accept that you have zero demonstrative evidence to prove your accusations, and your hiding behind your BS "I need to get paid" excuse that is beyond hilarious. 

When you ignore the evidence, then there can never be evidence.

What you showed is you didn't understand the points being made in the first place.  Or that you willingly wanted to ignore them.  You provided numbers that had nothing to do with what was being pointed out.  Then you claimed victory.  This is known as a straw man logical fallacy.  Again, something I'm not here for.  I'm here to talk football, not get caught up in personal attack mud flinging.

6 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

are you ready to respond to your claim that the pack was in the atl game the whole tie? you know, the one that proved to mathematically false?

Archived