Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted by Thompson/McCarthy?

Darkness

Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted?

• Yes
    • No

19 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Aaron Rodgers is 0-35 when trailing teams by more than one point in the 4th quarter that have a winning record.

Meh, seems like a pretty random stat used to make Rodgers look bad. 

You can do that with anyone. 

So if Rodgers throws the ball in 5 games and in those 5 games the receivers drop the ball which would have resulted in a TD Rodgers is 0-5. Or if Rodgers in 5 games stages a comeback and gets them into FG range and in each 5 games the kicker misses 5 FG's losing them the game then Rodgers is 0-5? The record is solely Rodgers to own?

Just like 'QB wins' it's a meaningless stat that doesn't consider all the variables.

Besides Brady, Peyton, and Roethlisberger whose the last QB to have multiple SB rings?  I'm blanking on that answer.  

Also, Peyton needed to sign with another team who had an elite defense to win his 2nd ring. So when you think about it only Brady and Big Ben have really won multiple with the same organization. So I wouldn't really blame TT/McCarthy.  Winnings SBs is hard...

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Besides Brady, Peyton, and Roethlisberger whose the last QB to have multiple SB rings?  I'm blanking on that answer.  

Also, Peyton needed to sign with another team who had an elite defense to win his 2nd ring. So when you think about it only Brady and Big Ben have really won multiple with the same organization. So I wouldn't really blame TT/McCarthy.  Winnings SBs is hard...

eli

36 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Except that's a really awful stat. Basically saying he can't lead his team to victory in the 4th qtr against winning teams.

There's a lot of factors that go into that though. That stat is placing everything solely on the QB.

Brady left the field late in the 4th in both SB losses with his team leading, but the defense couldn't hold, so it went down as a loss for Brady.

Unless there's some context showing Rodgers played bad the majority of those instances, I don't take mich away from it. 

Could they have had more success? Sure, but I don't think they have wasted his prime at all. He has a ring, he's been in the playoffs all but 1 year... while I'm sure there are things that could have been done differently that could have brought more rings, you can't say they didn't put good teams around him. 

You want a poster child for prime being wasted and it has to be Rivers. Look at all of the boneheaded mistakes that his teammates have made that cost them wins. From Marlon Mccree's fumbled INT to Nate Kaeding missing 3 FGs in a playoff game (after missing only 3 FGs the entire season)... the hits just keep coming. GMs wasting picks, not building the trenches, letting key players go... I can't imagine what Rivers could have done if he went to an organization as good as GB.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

They went what 7-8-1 the season that Rodgers missed a good chunk of the season?  They're probably a .500 team, maybe slightly above that depending on the play of Brett Hundley.

Lol! You seriously think the Packers are a .500 team without Rodgers, let alone slightly above? ?

Mike McCarthy has done a lot more to help Rodgers than he has to hinder him.  He is one of the best coaches and developers of quarterbacks in the business.  I think it may be very fair to say that Rodgers wouldn't be near the player he is today if he hadn't landed in the situation he did.  He had the luxury of sitting on the bench behind a Hall of Famer and being coached by Mike McCarthy for three whole years without the stress of being thrown into the fire like a lot of young QB's.  

On the other hand, I don't think that Ted Thompson has done him too many favors.  He has drafted bust after bust in the first round for many of the years since Rodgers became the starter.  He did have the good fortune of hitting on a number of late round picks, but when you are picking at the bottom of each round, I think it becomes especially important to get some good ones in the first couple of rounds.  

4 minutes ago, Darkness said:

Lol! You seriously think the Packers are a .500 team without Rodgers, let alone slightly above? ?

Let's remember that the Packers have averaged 10 wins per season with Rodgers, usually finding themselves making the Wild Card round with a game or two to spare in a week division. If they had an average QB they would win 5 games a year. It's unlikely that they have any playoff appearances with an average QB, and with a generic top ten QB like Romo they have maybe three. 

3 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Meh, seems like a pretty random stat used to make Rodgers look bad. 

You can do that with anyone. 

nothing random about it. That guy who tweeted that spends his life finding obscure stats to rip on Aaron Rodgers.

My takeaway is "AR has done a great job getting a lead heading into the 4th quarter in all but 35 of his games against good teams"

Archived