Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted by Thompson/McCarthy?

Darkness

Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Is Aaron Rodgers prime being wasted?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

No team would have beat Atlanta last night losing both starting tackles, there 2nd string LT, their starting WR, there best defensive player all in or before the 1st quarter. We literally might have lost 4 of our top 10 best players for this game. I think the argument could be made that at least 3 of our top 5 players. I can guarantee there isn't a single team that would have the same injuries and do well last night. This thread is an overreaction to a bad game nothing more. 

I would say our best 6 players right now, in no order, are:

Rodgers
Nelson
Bakhtiari
Bulaga

Daniels
Perry

Italics were inactive Sunday morning, and bolded were hurt in the first two drives. So yeah, tough go. Atlanta played a great first half, it's just frustrating. Wish we could have seen what we could have done going into the half down 17-7 or if we had scored on that 2 minute drill instead of the OPI call and subsequent pick. In all likelihood its still a pretty easy loss, but would have been a more entertaining game.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:
12 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Helmet right into the jaw. Nasty.

Funny thing is that he actually makes contact with his shoulder pads first. It was a nice clean hit. Rodgers just got blasted.

Yeah the hit was fine imo. I'm cool with it. I appreciate that he went into Rodgers' left shoulder. What else can you do in that situation.

14 hours ago, Darkness said:

It's looking like a different season, same story for the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is about to turn 34 and is in his 13th season.  At what point do the Packers try salvaging the remaining window of Rodgers career 

What exactly is being wasted?  Find a team aside from the Patriots that have as much sustained success as the Packers since Aaron Rodgers became the full-time starter.  I'll be waiting.

1 hour ago, jontat83 said:

.500 at the very best, most likely below that.

I watched some of the Browns this season and I see their receivers wide open and wonder what that's like. Because the Packers offense seems like hard work, at times every play seems like it requires a tremendous effort.

They went what 7-8-1 the season that Rodgers missed a good chunk of the season?  They're probably a .500 team, maybe slightly above that depending on the play of Brett Hundley.

11 hours ago, Revel8 said:

They lost their:

#1 LT David Bahktiari

#2 LT Jason Spriggs

#1 RT Bryan Bulaga

#2 RT Don Barclay

#2 WR Randall Cobb

#1 WR Jordy Nelson

#1 DT Mike Daniels

#2 DT Montravious Adams

#2 ROLB Ahmad Brooks

#1 CB Davon House

An irreplaceable amount of talent was lost in this game by the Packers.  Anyone can go down at anytime, so that's not the fault of Thompson or McCarthy.

In an overall sense, they haven't come close to the greatness of Bill Belichick though. 

Nobody does. 

Belichick is the standard in rebuilding, building, and maintaining a team. 

Screen-Shot-2017-05-13-at-10.15.37-AM-10

"First off, it’s clear that these players’ passing offenses have been the driving force behind their teams’ success. Compare their passing EP to the average margin of victory and you see that it’s each quarterback’s passing game that has created most or all of that point differential – it looks like most of the time, these guys carry their teams.

That said, we can see the EP support (AKA negative plays) has been very different for one player compared to the other three – Brady is the only one to have positive EP support in any category and amazingly has positive EP in ALL support categories. It’s said that the quarterback affects all other players on the field and while that may be true, we’re not seeing it in these results – every other QB has a higher EP average per game than Brady but gets worse support than him.

If we were to round the numbers, it looks like Manning’s and Rodgers’ team support have cost their teams around a field goal in points, on average, while Brees loses roughly 5 points. Meanwhile, Brady’s support has been worth an extra point to his Patriots. We shouldn’t misinterpret these numbers to suggest that somehow Brady is being carried by great support – it’s clear that Brady’s passing game is the engine that drives the Patriots’ success as a team but he’s the only quarterback of the four whose supporting elements haven’t cost him points."

http://www.footballperspective.com/guest-post-support-for-manning-brady-brees-and-rodgers/

Nobody's surrounding support beats Brady's.  And that's for a reason.  Bill Belichick.  Arguably the greatest coach and GM of all time.

By Belichick's standard, yes, they have failed Rodgers.  Nobody provides better coaching to as much surrounding talent as Bill Belichick does.  And it quite frankly isn't' even close.

If one of you fine gents could just shoot me in the face, I would greatly appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

If one of you fine gents could just shoot me in the face, I would greatly appreciate it.

That was a very interesting graph. Truly just shows how bad some of these teams around Brees have been. Which brings up such a great counterpoint to one of the most common arguments used against Brees when ranking him as an Elite QB/One of the best to ever play, which people frequently state Brees lack of playoff appearances compared to his peers.

59 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What exactly is being wasted?  Find a team aside from the Patriots that have as much sustained success as the Packers since Aaron Rodgers became the full-time starter.  I'll be waiting.

The Packers sustained "success" is solely due to Rodgers. 1 SB appearance for arguably the most talented QB the league has ever seen is wasting his talent. If things continue as they have been for the Packers, everyone will look back at their time with him at QB as a huge disappointment.

Just now, Darkness said:

The Packers sustained "success" is solely due to Rodgers. 1 SB appearance for arguably the most talented QB the league has ever seen is wasting his talent. If things continue as they have been for the Packers, everyone will look back at their time with him at QB as a huge disappointment.

Take any franchise QB away from their team, which one manages to achieve similar (or the same) amount of success.  This is such a ridiculous cop out it's not even funny.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Take any franchise QB away from their team, which one manages to achieve similar (or the same) amount of success.  This is such a ridiculous cop out it's not even funny.

I'm pretty sure I asked the same person what Atlantas record would be without Ryan last night three times when he kept saying we would be 4-12.

Who would be the QB? Doubt if we didn't have Rodgers we'd just hang our hats on him if we had time to plan ahead. Then you'd have a fundamentally different team build. 

I blame NE for all this haha.

Archived