Myles Garrett Reinstated

HTTRDynasty

10 hours ago, cjfollett said:

Garrett was the instigator.

Rudolph was certainly the primary aggressor. He took issue with a tackle that occurred as he was throwing the ball - which is his prerogative,  but that occurs in every NFL game and happened to him 10 others time in that game alone - and responded by grabbing the helmet. Garrett escalates the situation by actually removing Rudolph’s helmet. Then as Decastro actually has Garrett moving away from the scuffle, Rudolph follows, and then Garrett obviously escalates the situation again. 

If this were a DV case I was handling, Garrett would certainly be suffering the brunt of the consequences but no question, Rudolph is the primary aggressor - or the instigator, in your words.

EDIT: Unrelated to your post, but in response to others ITT: intent and result matter. A lot. Committing a crime becomes a lot more severe if there is proven intention, in many cases. And the severity also goes up or down depending on what the outcome was, whether the action was completed or attempted. Yes, something much worse could have happened and there is an element of recklessness that certainly plays a part in this equation. But treating this as if something much worse did in fact happen, when it in fact did not, would be a mistake.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, lark25 said:

Great player not a great human being

he actually is a great human being off the field.  he saw red on the field.  you ever played sports and lost your cool?  dude got kicked in the nuts, someone ripped his head off (ever been in a neck crank?  it'll make u wanna fight for ur life too) and lost his cool.  I get it.  its not ok, but i get it.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Fun to see the “kicker him in the nuts” angle is still being played out as if it didn’t happen when Myles had lifted Mason off the ground by the facemask and Mason likely wasn’t trying to focus on doing that specifically. 

Don't start a fight with someone way bigger than you and you won't have to worry about the consequences of your panicked lashing out while getting your *** kicked. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Don't start a fight with someone way bigger than you and you won't have to worry about the consequences of your panicked lashing out while getting your *** kicked. 

Yes ripping the helmet off and hitting him in the head is a reasonable consequence. FWIW I’m not sure about you but when I get hit in the kibble and bits it’s kinda hard to keep going no?

Im not arguing that it didn’t happen or anything like that FWIW. Just there’s some parts of what happened are being over sensationalized. Did Masons foot make a connection with Myles manhood? I’m sure it did. Do I think he was intentionally trying to do it? No I don’t. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Yes ripping the helmet off and hitting him in the head is a reasonable consequence. FWIW I’m not sure about you but when I get hit in the kibble and bits it’s kinda hard to keep going no?

Im not arguing that it didn’t happen or anything like that FWIW. Just there’s some parts of what happened are being over sensationalized. Did Masons foot make a connection with Myles manhood? I’m sure it did. Do I think he was intentionally trying to do it? No I don’t. 

Ripping the helmet off was entirely reasonable. Mason tried to rip Garrett's helmet off first. Mason only got hit with the helmet when he decided to run up on the dude. Garrett shouldn't have popped him with the helmet obviously, but Mason deserved the bonk on the head that he got here. 

Spoiled-***, baby, fake-tough-guy, QB wanted to mix it up with real football players thinking his QB status would protect him. It did not.

There's a lesson for everybody to take away from this. Don't start a fake-fight shoving match with somebody who isn't on your level. That dude might not know you're looking to fake fight and think you're looking to really fight. 

• Like 7

And FWIW I’ve been ok with it if Mason got suspended too. He was no saint in the whole ordeal. He dealt with something he thought was excessive in a complete crap way. Both guys seemed to want the “last word” in the whole ordeal, and neither being able to just walk away is absurd IMO. 

There’s just two common statements I take exception with: 1) the Mason kicked Myles in the manhood like he was 100% in control of what happened and 2) Mason grabbed Myles in the manhood when photos showed that didn’t happen. 

Outside of that it’s all fair game to me to say Mason was an idiot and deserved to have Myles retaliate in some degree. Myles took that retaliation across the line by swinging the helmet. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Ripping the helmet off was entirely reasonable. Mason tried to rip Garrett's helmet off first. Mason only got hit with the helmet when he decided to run up on the dude. Garrett shouldn't have popped him with the helmet obviously, but Mason deserved the bonk on the head that he got here. 

Spoiled-***, baby, fake-tough-guy, QB wanted to mix it up with real football players thinking his QB status would protect him. It did not.

There's a lesson for everybody to take away from this. Don't start a fake-fight shoving match with somebody who isn't on your level. That dude might not know you're looking to fake fight and think you're looking to really fight. 

See this is the issue I take. It’s framed within your statement as if there weren’t two parties escalating the entire thing. 

No no one deserves to be hit in the head like that. Ever. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

And FWIW I’ve been ok with it if Mason got suspended too. He was no saint in the whole ordeal. He dealt with something he thought was excessive in a complete crap way. Both guys seemed to want the “last word” in the whole ordeal, and neither being able to just walk away is absurd IMO. 

There’s just two common statements I take exception with: 1) the Mason kicked Myles in the manhood like he was 100% in control of what happened and 2) Mason grabbed Myles in the manhood when photos showed that didn’t happen. 

Outside of that it’s all fair game to me to say Mason was an idiot and deserved to have Myles retaliate in some degree. Myles took that retaliation across the line by swinging the helmet. 

I haven't seen #2 stated. 

I think there's a disconnect on #1. I'm not sure most people care whether or not the kick was intentional or not. It occurred. He definitely presses his cleat into the fork of Garrett's leg in an attempt to push Garrett off of him while Garrett is trying to rip the helmet off. I think there's a good chance that Mason is just looking for anything to press against and he just happened to land there on accident, but I don't think his intent in that case matters. 

3 hours ago, lark25 said:

Great player not a great human being

Have you ever looked into the things he does off the field? 

during his suspension, he didn’t leave the area or use the time to act like a vacation. The dude spent his free time working at local charities, being present during events and helping out. He is the head of the clean water charity for Africa. He accepted the Position from Chris Long last summer before any of this stuff happen. Has done toy drives in the area. He will also do local meet and greets. Last summer he held a couple at local dog parks because of his puppy. 

please outside of the events of the helmet swing, tell me what makes him not a great human being

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Rudolph was certainly the primary aggressor. He took issue with a tackle that occurred as he was throwing the ball

I actually believe it happen the play before that. Just carried over to the next play when Garrett took him to the ground. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

See this is the issue I take. It’s framed within your statement as if there weren’t two parties escalating the entire thing. 

No no one deserves to be hit in the head like that. Ever. 

That's why I said, "Garrett shouldn't have popped him with the helmet obviously."

Garrett made the sack. There wasn't a flag. Regardless of whether or not we think the hit was late, it wasn't so egregious that the ref who is tasked exclusively with watching the QB didn't think it was egregious enough to penalize it. In my book, that makes any retaliation by Rudolph the start of this whole thing. 

Rudolph then starts yanking on Garrett's helmet and yelling at him.

Garrett isn't having any of it and puts an end to that real quick and starts yanking on Rudolph's helmet. As that's happening, Rudolph "kicks" Garrett (I put it in paranthesis, because I don't think a kick happened, I think he pressed against Garrett. There was no swing). He yanks off Rudolph's helmet. 

DeCastro gets them separated.

Rudolph then charges at Garrett.

Garrett hits Rudolph with the helmet. 

• Like 2