TIME TO MOVE ON FROM BOWLES NOW

doumeyer

Yesterdays game was a perfect example of what I have been saying about Bowles for three years. The man is just not head coach material.  The game became a total blowout and he still was playing McCown, on ever down till the bitter end. At press conferences the man can't even speak, all he does is mumble, the same line so & so gives us the best chance to win. When are we going to see our young players on the field? Most of us on this board would rather loss with the young players than with veterans players who won't even be around in a year or two. My feeling is Bowles is a incompetent BUFFOON, and has to go. None of us expected the Jets to win yesterday, so lets give the kids a shot to show us what they have, that is all most of us want. Why is this so hard for the Jet front office to comprehend.

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Yesterdays game was a perfect example of what I have been saying about Bowles for three years. The man is just not head coach material.  The game became a total blowout and he still was playing McCown, on ever down till the bitter end. At press conferences the man can't even speak, all he does is mumble, the same line so & so gives us the best chance to win. When are we going to see our young players on the field? Most of us on this board would rather loss with the young players than with veterans players who won't even be around in a year or two. My feeling is Bowles is a incompetent BUFFOON, and has to go. None of us expected the Jets to win yesterday, so lets give the kids a shot to show us what they have, that is all most of us want. Why is this so hard for the Jet front office to comprehend.

Your feelings about Bowles have been clear since year 1, I can't blame him for starting McCown right now. If Petty or Hack played better than McCown then I'm sure we'd make the switch. I think it's safe to say our first round pick this year will be a QB, if that is the case then we NEED to play the best QB on the roster so we can figure out which other pieces are here to stay. The absolute worse thing we can do is put in an inferior QB and not be able to gauge the rest of the players.

i absolutely agree, if the competition is close then go with the young guy but I don't think Petty or Hack are the best QBs  right now. I'm certainly okay with moving on from Bowles if a great candidate becomes available.

I haven't watched any of the games, so I don't know how bad bowles has been. Probably won't fire him during the season if Mac want to tank. He's driving the tank at this point.  I don't know of any coaches I would like to become HC next season yet. Having an offensive or defensive mind doesn't matter to me.

A part of me feel a little bad for Bowles because of the lack of talent on this roster.  There isn't a coach in the league that can turn this team into winners vs this schedule.

Not for nothing, but the game was 14-10 going into half time before we gifted the Raiders a TD with the botched punt. The Jets were playing the Raiders like you wanted them to, be competitive and lose the game.

With a roster void of talent like this one, you cant really knock him for much. McCown over Petty? What difference does it make, there both walking ducks and are nothing but place holders for the next QB. Petty hasn't proven he can even make it through one game without getting hurt. Aside from that, what other kids aren't getting a shot? Maybe see a little more of Stewart/Hansen, ASJ comes back next week.

Overall the season is going exactly as planned, hell we've score more than I thought we would.

We need to scrap Bowles, Rodgers, and Mac. The Raiders walked all over us and we were at least supposed to have a defense this year. Mac drafted defense in the first for the last 3 years, Bowles was some defensive guru, and Rodger is supposed to the d-line whisperer - and 3 have fallen flat. I knew we'd struggle, but do I really have to watch a blowout each week?

If bowles continues to make mistakes like he has been I'm okay with moving on from him. In my opinion our next head coach shouldn't be the hot name coordinator, I'd much rather a re-tread head coach, someone who wasn't given a fair chance and has potential to learn from previous mistakes and excel as a head coach in a new environment. 

The few names that come to mind are:

Sean Payton - A very innovative offensive coach would obviously need to be fired from NO first, but if he is I think he could turn this team around. 

Rob Chudzinski - A good offensive mind who was given an extremely raw deal in Cleveland, many players and some execs were shocked and angry he was fired. 

Todd Haley - Another offensive mind, real no nonsense coach, demands respect. My only concern is he may rub players the wrong way with how disciplinary he can be. 

Jim Schwartz - A defensive coach but showed some good things when he was a head coach. As long as he could find a good OC and QB coach I'd be happy if the jets hired him. 

Dave Taub- The only coordinator I would be okay with, he's the best ST coordinator in the league, extremely well respected amongst other coaches and executives. I think he could follow in the path of John Harbaugh and be a great head coach. 

McCown is the only reason we look even somewhat respectable on offense. This rant should be completely about Bowles defense. McCown is McCown and the sad thing is Petty and Hack both suck more than he does. Bowles is a nightmare in all phases. 

Sad thing is our "best" players have been terrible. Mo sucks. Just let him go after this year. Hes a waste of money. We overrate Leo too. Guy has been invisible this year. No excuses that defense has been worse than the offense. Its an absolute sieve in the run game and we have yet again, no pass rush. Instead of locking up 5tech DEs who arent game changers to 17 mil a year give that to a pass rusher on the market and maybe wed force some turnovers. Mac has drafted terribly. There is no new culture, the team isnt playing harder, and bowles isnt learning. 

Is there a single person that trusts mac with the most important draft in recent history? 

WHY ARE WE EVEN TALKING ABOUT THE QB IN REGARDS TO BOWLES?

Seriously, has anyone watched this defense? Are we going to make excuses for it?

Its alarming how defensively inept this team has been since the later half of 2015 on. He got to pick his guys. We gave him the resources. And the defense is dreadful.

There is no defending Todd Bowles. I don't know why anyone would even try. There is not one redeeming quality.

Archived