2010s Horror - Official FF BMET (Nominations Closed)

Deadpulse

3 hours ago, August4th said:

fav horror from the 2000's

Jeepers Creepers

The Descent

The Ring

The Others

28 Days later

The Orphanage

REC

The Tale of Two Sisters

High Tension

Saw

Drag Me to Hell

I did not like The Orphanage, and Drag Me To Hell flat out sucked.  The Ring was good but did get a little long, Jeepers Creepers I like a lot and is pretty creative and 28 Days Later is solid as well.  Love REC that is very underrated and the original Saw was good but then it just went over the top with the rest.

Some others....

*Paranormal Activity - in many ways it should be the winner of this  time span.  

*Funny Games - is a remake but I really liked it and thought it was very scary, Naomi Watts is great in it.

*Let the Right One In (Foreign version) is a favorite of mine, but not sure it is really a horror movie, more like a dark romance type thing, the main character kills but the audience likes her so not exactly a scary villain type.  Even though anyone that votes for 'Let Me In' American version over 'Let the Right One In' seriously has some problems to deal with, that movie sucked.

*The Mist - Based on a book by Stephen King, pretty sweet as a movie and worth a watch and a nomination

*The Strangers - was pretty good and scary at times but similar things have been done before

*One Hour Photo - Not gory but has a creepiness to it for sure.

*Altered - Not well know, low budget but has a sweet alien villain and is a pretty interesting story and is well acted by actors that are not very well known at all.

*The Grudge - Solid movie that tons of movies have ripped off in one way or another

Still you compare the 80s and 70s to this crap, it is just not fair at all and few if any of these movies in the 2000-2020 range would even make the cut for top 15-20

1) A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night

2) Lighthouse

3) Cabin in hte Woods

4) Wailing

5) Annihilation

the #1 pick is not truly a horror film per se, but its inspiration is pure Nosferatu  original cinema, and that's pretty much THE quintessential horror film.

stands out in a decade full of very poor true "horror" films.

If you exclude it, then bump everything else up the list.

13 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

1) A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night

2) Lighthouse

3) Cabin in hte Woods

4) Wailing

5) Annihilation

the #1 pick is not truly a horror film per se, but its inspiration is pure Nosferatu  original cinema, and that's pretty much THE quintessential horror film.

stands out in a decade full of very poor true "horror" films.

If you exclude it, then bump everything else up the list.

I agree, artistically it is better than them all arguably but like you said it is not really a horror movie.  More gothic but really it is a Neo-Noir film, just like the original 'Let the Right On In' I would not call a horror movie either.  Ana Lily Amirpour has kind of disappointed after making such a wonderful film I would say, The Bad Batch sucked.

Her in that hijab on the skateboard is bad to the freaking bone though, super cool but not sure it is horror however.  The music in that film is really standout though, Bashy is freaking tight!

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

That being said my top 5 of the 2010s, in no particular order:

Kill List

The Babadook

The Wailing

Bone Tomahawk

Housebound (Are we counting this)?

If i thought Bone Tomahawk was a horror, i would have nominated it.

easily in my top 10 films of the decade

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Kill List

The Babadook

The Wailing

Bone Tomahawk

I have not seen Kill List, The Wailing or Bone Tomahawk, I will have to check those out...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Kill List

The Babadook

The Wailing

Bone Tomahawk

Housebound and Bone Tomahawk aren’t horror unless I completely forgot something about Housebound, but I don’t think I did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Good thing I moved up the Nom date lol

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I already know the winner of the 1960s category so no need to even do that one ;o)  I still say the 70s and 80s will be a **** show of ridiculously solid horror films.  

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Housebound and Bone Tomahawk aren’t horror unless I completely forgot something about Housebound, but I don’t think I did.

Yeah, that's fair.

If they don't count, in their stead, i'd nominate

Sinister

Last Shift

For the more traditional horror sense.

@Ozzy - Kill List is probably a top ~30ish film for me all time. Check it out and see what you think.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah, that's fair.

If they don't count, in their stead, i'd nominate

Sinister

Last Shift

For the more traditional horror sense.

@Ozzy - Kill List is probably a top ~30ish film for me all time. Check it out and see what you think.

I hated Sinister.  Hated it.

Last Shift I loved and it probably exceeded my expectations more than any other horror movie of the 10’s.  Almost nominated it, but in spite of how much I loved it, I don’t think it belongs in top 8 of the decade.