Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

6 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

The idea of restricting travel between States (essentially quarantining heavily effected States) is also reportedly being considered.

I live in Indiana but work in Michigan... Wonder if there would be exceptions allowing people to go to work if it did happen.

Logistically, how would they enforce something like this? 

Honor system?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Well, that and I’m not sure anybody would miss you anyway. 

I would agree if my ex-girlfriend didn't think of me enough to call me semi-regularly at 3 a.m. to leave me deluded voicemails.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I would agree if my ex-girlfriend didn't think of me enough to call me semi-regularly at 3 a.m. to leave me deluded voicemails.

Look, ok, sometimes I drink a little more than I should and every time I do it brings me back to that weekend in Cabo. 

sue me for reminiscing of when you weren’t an *******. 

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

Logistically, how would they enforce something like this? 

Honor system?

I mean, it's going to be like everything else: total enforcement is impossible (without a ridiculous cost), so you half-*** it.  Think about construction.  They put down some orange cones and say you cannot drive on this road, and people typically listen.  So, highways, done.  Local roads, probably not going to happen.  And, if you're caught violating it, your life will be fairly unpleasant for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

The idea of restricting travel between States (essentially quarantining heavily effected States) is also reportedly being considered.

I live in Indiana but work in Michigan... Wonder if there would be exceptions allowing people to go to work if it did happen.

I have to imagine there would be but I can’t imagine how they would even implement that at all. 

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Look, ok, sometimes I drink a little more than I should and every time I do it brings me back to that weekend in Cabo. 

sue me for reminiscing of when you weren’t an *******. 

wow ok, maybe if you invited me once in a while, we could do a drunk romp we both regret, but no, I get voicemails about your damn cat, Crystal

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I mean, it's going to be like everything else: total enforcement is impossible (without a ridiculous cost), so you half-*** it.  Think about construction.  They put down some orange cones and say you cannot drive on this road, and people typically listen.  So, highways, done.  Local roads, probably not going to happen.  And, if you're caught violating it, your life will be fairly unpleasant for the foreseeable future.

Can you imagine how much that would cost??? They’d need to put patrol units on every road that leads to another state ...... I can’t imagine how much that would cost. 

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Can you imagine how much that would cost??? They’d need to put patrol units on every road that leads to another state ...... I can’t imagine how much that would cost. 

And then the center of each state is a free for all cause cops are an hour or more away 

It’s gonna be a great movie someday 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1