Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

All I keep seeing is testing rates. I thought we measured success and failure by infection and mortality rates. 

It is the only thing they have right now to say the country is failing them...more tests! 

It is common sense if you are only testing the sickest samples you are going to have higher mortality rates than if you tested everyone with a cough.  

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I'm comparing the responses. I never said they should be treated the same, and they weren't, but it just shows the laughably bias mentality many people have when the response to this is supposedly so terrible, but a thousand people dying before a single thing is done was perfectly fine to those same people.

Nearly 500,000 Americans are going to die, and you’re crying that the guy that cut funding to the CDC, fired the entire epidemic response team (that was created in the time frame you’re saying “nothing was done”), and just a couple days ago said this was all going to blow over isn’t being treated fairly.

Jesus, man. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well good for you. So you still would have no problem with being shut in and not able to go a funeral of a loved one or some other engagement because your quarantine is mandatory and not up for exceptions. 

Good with it?

I wouldn’t like it?  No.  Would I understand it?  Yes. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Nearly 500,000 Americans are going to die, and you’re crying that the guy that cut funding to the CDC, fired the entire epidemic response team (that was created in the time frame you’re saying “nothing was done”), and just a couple days ago said this was all going to blow over isn’t being treated fairly.

Jesus, man. 

I wish I had your Crystal ball. What's the death total up to now?

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

All I keep seeing is testing rates. I thought we measured success and failure by infection and mortality rates. 

1. We don’t know our complete infection rate because we’re not testing.

2. We have the highest mortality rate in the world. 

We need to take break here.  Too much political discussion, subtle insults and bickering.

I’ll open this back up or start a new topic soon.  We all need to put aside our differences and come together now more than ever.  

• Like 16