Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s in one of these threads, 210M Americans expected. 

Yeah I'm pretty sure that said if nothing was done to contain it. Which would make it more worst case. 

10 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Yep. The folks who want to let everyone bring their diseases here.

Tourists?  Businessmen?  Who do you mean?  

Unless you think a wall would have helped but China has one of those, a great one in fact, and it didn’t seem to matter in this situation.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Sorry about that

In other countries, the rate of infections / deaths slowed down and that's not an unreasonable expectation for US  -  but we're not at peak yet
Reality is that our lives are going to be very different for 3 - 6 more months, then just "different" after that. Good luck to you and your employer

My guess is that we will look back and note how life was different before corona, similar to how we say life was different before 911

The truth is you have no idea where we are at.  No one does.  No guarantee this thing follows any specific cycle.  I am sure just like every other major pandemic (and/or thing that kills people) within a year people will go right back to the way they were.  Drinking and driving, drugs, smoking, fast food, etc.  people are creatures of habit and a lot of them will never actually change. 

7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Funny how the media fearmongers the hell outta this, yet it took 6 months and over 1000 deaths from H1N1 under Obama, and no one gave a ****.

Hilarious how many brainwashed lemmings there are out there...

Yep. Remember how many of them bought into him standing up to Putin? Sanctions that did nothing to hurt him and had him excluded from one of the G meetings that went no where.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why hasn't there been any talk about improving your immune system or doing your best to stay healthy before coming in contact with the virus?

Doesn't fit the narrative of having to rely on other to get through this.  Imagine...wash your hands, eat healthy, stay healthy, get sleep! Crazy concepts. 

Just now, pwny said:

Guess we should just wait 6 months and see if it happens before we do anything. Great idea.

Nobody in this topic or any other has said that. But when you shut down an entire city and force it's citizens to stay in, that's extreme. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Funny how the media fearmongers the hell outta this, yet it took 6 months and over 1000 deaths from H1N1 under Obama, and no one gave a ****.

Hilarious how many brainwashed lemmings there are out there...

Buddy I love ya but you’re showing you’re arse comparing this to H1N1.

The mortality rates are worlds apart.

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Imagine thinking 1k deaths over 6 months is comparable to the 480,000 deaths over the next two months that is the best guess estimate. 

1000 deaths in the US before anything was done.   Reading is fundamental.

Im not comparing the severity of the virus...just the response.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Nobody in this topic or any other has said that. But when you shut down an entire city and force it's citizens to stay in, that's extreme. 

I love when bros on the internet contradict the worlds leading infectious disease experts. 

They’re so far behind they actually think they’re winning.

• Like 2

Just now, acowboys62 said:

The country has not done anything?  Name a country that did more earlier in their virus cycle than the US.  

Literally every single one. There’s a reason we have the lowest testing rate on the entire planet. 

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Buddy I love ya but you’re showing you’re arse comparing this to H1N1.

The mortality rates are worlds apart.

Not comparing the severity of the virus.