2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

23 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So the Giants are waiting for FA to resign Leo Williams so that the draft compensation is only a 3rd and 5th round picks instead of the 3rd and 4th we would be entitled too if he resigned now. One last kick in the bollocks from that waste of space ‘best player in the draft’. 

Whoever came up with the terms of the trade should be shot. Would be obvious this would happen, need to think more strategically 😒

Well now they risk losing him. 

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Dallas has yet to sign or tag Cooper. Something to keep an eye on. It’s a no brainer to pay him rather than Robby.

In a heartbeat but I don’t think we will have a shot. I’d rather sign the o-lineman and draft our own wr and bring back Robby. Obviously if we can sign Amari then we should but it’s highly unlikely 

36 minutes ago, xenajets said:

In a heartbeat but I don’t think we will have a shot. I’d rather sign the o-lineman and draft our own wr and bring back Robby. Obviously if we can sign Amari then we should but it’s highly unlikely 

100% I’d rather get an OLineman like Thuney or Conklin and Glasgow. But if we plan on doing those things and trying to resign Robby. I’d be happy to pay a few more mill for a guy who actually deserves it. We have enough money to pay these guys with cuts and all. Signing Thuney, Glasgow and Cooper isn’t impossible. It’s unlikely... but we have the money. We should have over 70mill after cuts we should make.

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

So the Giants are waiting for FA to resign Leo Williams so that the draft compensation is only a 3rd and 5th round picks instead of the 3rd and 4th we would be entitled too if he resigned now. One last kick in the bollocks from that waste of space ‘best player in the draft’. 

Whoever came up with the terms of the trade should be shot. Would be obvious this would happen, need to think more strategically 😒

Not that big a deal tbh. I was shocked to have gotten a 3rd round pick alone. If Leo would’ve had an elite stint with the Giants in-season, then they probably would’ve been forced to re-sign him now. He was just regular for them. Nothing to lose sleep over.

8 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Not that big a deal tbh. I was shocked to have gotten a 3rd round pick alone. If Leo would’ve had an elite stint with the Giants in-season, then they probably would’ve been forced to re-sign him now. He was just regular for them. Nothing to lose sleep over.

You mean besides us wasting yet again another 1st round pick? With Q looking to add to that list potentially.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

100% I’d rather get an OLineman like Thuney or Conklin and Glasgow. But if we plan on doing those things and trying to resign Robby. I’d be happy to pay a few more mill for a guy who actually deserves it. We have enough money to pay these guys with cuts and all. Signing Thuney, Glasgow and Cooper isn’t impossible. It’s unlikely... but we have the money. We should have over 70mill after cuts we should make.

Yeah I’m on the same wave length. Ideally in free agency I would:

*sign two top o-lineman. Any combination of Thurney, Glasgow, Scherff, Conklin, Costanzo (unlikely), Karras, McGovern. 
*sign a top pass rusher. Clowney, Fowler jr, Yannick. THIS PART IS KEY. 
*resign Robby and bring in some solid vet to start at cb. Darby or Jimmy Smith. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DowNY said:

No of course it’s not a huge thing but it’s just a sign of incompetence. As a business owner I’m always looking over contracts/deals and I’m shocked a loophole like this one has gone over our heads. Like you said not a major thing but just irritates me a little 😑  

15 minutes ago, xenajets said:

No of course it’s not a huge thing but it’s just a sign of incompetence. As a business owner I’m always looking over contracts/deals and I’m shocked a loophole like this one has gone over our heads. Like you said not a major thing but just irritates me a little 😑  

As a business owner you can appreciate that maybe the giants were the ONLY team willing to part with a 3rd for him? We dont know what other offers we had, but I'd assume the giants were the best offer by far. 

On top of that, the jets got something for nothing. So a 3rd is a lot more than just letting him walk. 

56 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

As a business owner you can appreciate that maybe the giants were the ONLY team willing to part with a 3rd for him? We dont know what other offers we had, but I'd assume the giants were the best offer by far. 

On top of that, the jets got something for nothing. So a 3rd is a lot more than just letting him walk. 

I think your missing the point to which I was annoyed. It’s not the basis of the trade...hell a 3rd and 5th round pick was a good return it was the fact that we didn’t allow for the ‘bending of the rules’ from the Giants. 

It really doesn’t matter now but it just comes across that we’ve been done over a little by the ‘big brother’ Giants. 

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

I think your missing the point to which I was annoyed. It’s not the basis of the trade...hell a 3rd and 5th round pick was a good return it was the fact that we didn’t allow for the ‘bending of the rules’ from the Giants. 

It really doesn’t matter now but it just comes across that we’ve been done over a little by the ‘big brother’ Giants. 

You mean like the conditional pick we got back from the nate Hairston trade? The jets are guilty of the exact same thing. In fact, every team does that. The conditions are simply to protect the team from losing too big in a trade. It's not underhanded nor unfair. The jets have benefitted from this as much as any team really. You just have sour grapes. Lol

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

We literally robbed them for Leo.