Pat Mahomes couldn’t read defenses

rocky_rams

3 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

That's my whole point... its not easy to just mimmick successful systems and expect same results. 

But they aren't even mimicking it. In well known very open about it copy cat league. And yet they aren't even running it. They aren't failing at it, or doing it worse than KC. They just aren't doing it. And why is that you can't mimic it? Because the scheme usually has at least some tailoring to the players involved. Mahomes abilities are built in to the offense they run.

Dont be surprised if you see more and more teams adding smaller speedsters

Do you think he was the first to do this?

using more of Reid's magical system

Because that is what the league does. It copies what is succeeding. That doesn't mean they think it is a magical system that will make them unstoppable.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 11:16 PM, mse326 said:

But they aren't even mimicking it. In well known very open about it copy cat league. And yet they aren't even running it. They aren't failing at it, or doing it worse than KC. They just aren't doing it. And why is that you can't mimic it? Because the scheme usually has at least some tailoring to the players involved. Mahomes abilities are built in to the offense they run.

They are attempting to and using variations of it, more and more offenses are. The crazy thing is that anyone thinks offenses arent stealing concepts from Reid all over the league. His imprint is very visually distinctive. 

This entire conversation to me is nuts. If we went and opened a thread, a seperate thread and asked who are some of the greatest qb coaches ever. Id be shocked if everyone on this damn board alone didnt mention Reid in their list.

If we opened a thread and asked who are the greatest offensive minds in this league... same thing. We all know it. Yet for some reason in this thread, im the crazy one? Man yall wild af. Like real life.

Do you think he was the first to do this?

Who else has used so many smaller speeders in their offense. Hardman, Hill, D'anthony thomas, Darwin. Watkins isnt small, but again a speedster. Offense is so speed-centric, you dont see that in today's NFL. 

Because that is what the league does. It copies what is succeeding. That doesn't mean they think it is a magical system that will make them unstoppable.

You dont know what they think though. Results show whether the sample size is big or small, is that Reid makes QBs better and his system makes their numbers better. Are you arguing otherwise? Yes or no. If so, convince me you TRULY believe that. I sincerely dont think a single one of you believe otherwise. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

On 3/7/2020 at 11:05 PM, Bearerofnews said:

Or everyone is too shook to speak the truth, because they want to be accepted. 

Here is the survey...

1. Does Mahomes miss alot of wide open deep throws - yes

2. Does Mahomes play for the greatest qb whisperer - yes

3. Does Mahomes play in the most qb friendly system ever - yes

4. Does this system inherently have alot more open targets readily available than any other offense - yes

5. Does Mahomes throw to less tightly covered targets than most other qbs - yes.

If you are being honest, you answered yes to all those. Doesn't mean you cant think Mahomes is the best qb curently. Just means you arent drowning in koolaid and can be critical of all players.  

But i'm not going to keep ramming a stonewall with some of you, because you want to try to prove me wrong... which you never will... if you can, I INVITE IT openly. 

Does he extend plays. Yes. Does he run when its the best option? Yes. Does he throw with his right hand? Yes. Does he throw with his left hand? Yes. Does he lead his team when down? Yes.  Does he make yall jealous? Yes hes a total system QB